In the Navy, it is "tradition" that the one with his hands on the helm steering the ship is one of the lowest ranking sailors, and the Officer of the Deck issuing orders is a junior officer. If the ship runs aground, the Captain gets fired, even if he was in his bed asleep at the time. The charge is "loss of confidence in his/her ability to command". The Captain is accountable for whatever happens on his ship, whether he knew about it or not. He doesn't get to go to the Board of Inquiry and say, "i had no knowledge of what the minions were doing". It's his job to know, or to establish the "command climate" to ensure that the right things happen, even in the absence of a direct order. The POTUS is rapidly "losing the confidence" of his superiors, WE THE PEOPLE, and needs to be relieved of command. We do not accept the juvenile excuse of Holder, Lew, Geithner, Hillary and others, of "we had no idea", and "what difference does it make". It makes a LOT of difference. And for you to characterize this as "hysterical belly aching" is, quite frankly, insulting and infuriating. I agree, we need to fix the economy and put people back to work...and the first step is to get rid of the corrupt thugs occupying the White House.
Well said.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was no "forced resignation". He was "acting"...a temporary appointment that was set to expire by law anyway. Just more smoke and mirrors. Your response is typical, "you're obviously a racist for criticising Obama and Bush was just as bad."...sad. Really sad. We are focusing on what we should be...the sanctity of the Constitution and the rights of the people to be free of governmental abuse of power.

I'm a racist for criticizing Obama & Bush was just as bad??? What !!! That makes no sense at all.. I'm not a racist at all, because I will whole heartedly admit that Bush was 1000 times worse..

Government abuse of power is not Bush lying to the American people about Weapons of mas destruction, so that he could get the war HE wanted, but there wasn't any reason to have it unless you made up false claims?? Government abuse of power is not writing laws that allow the government to tap and spy on anyone the deem a reason to?? Government abuse of power is holding people without a trial, and torturing them??

Now let's talk about states under Republican rule, the ones that are forcing Planned parenthood to close, the ones that have either outlawed Sharia law, or certain religions. Michigan who the courts said they had to put their Emergency takeover of towns and cities before they could enact it, So when it was voted down, they re-enacted the rule and continued to proceed with it. The ones that try to deny college students in their state the right to vote.. The ones that force doctors to preform unnecessary tests on females, the ones that put into law that Doctors must tell their patients that abortions lead to cancer which is pure nonsense, but Doctors must now under law lie to their patients..

The sanctity of the Constitution for Republicans is only misinterpreting the meaning of the 2nd amendment, other then that, they will stomp all over every other right in the Constitution, and all over the rights of the people in under their rule.

I'm a racist for criticizing Obama & Bush was just as bad??? What !!! That makes no sense at all.. I'm not a racist at all, because I will whole heartedly admit that Bush was 1000 times worse..

Government abuse of power is not Bush lying to the American people about Weapons of mas destruction, so that he could get the war HE wanted, but there wasn't any reason to have it unless you made up false claims?? Government abuse of power is not writing laws that allow the government to tap and spy on anyone the deem a reason to?? Government abuse of power is holding people without a trial, and torturing them??

Now let's talk about states under Republican rule, the ones that are forcing Planned parenthood to close, the ones that have either outlawed Sharia law, or certain religions. Michigan who the courts said they had to put their Emergency takeover of towns and cities before they could enact it, So when it was voted down, they re-enacted the rule and continued to proceed with it. The ones that try to deny college students in their state the right to vote.. The ones that force doctors to preform unnecessary tests on females, the ones that put into law that Doctors must tell their patients that abortions lead to cancer which is pure nonsense, but Doctors must now under law lie to their patients..

The sanctity of the Constitution for Republicans is only misinterpreting the meaning of the 2nd amendment, other then that, they will stomp all over every other right in the Constitution, and all over the rights of the people in under their rule.

Interesting back and forth going on here! You might be surprised to learn that President Obama signed legislation to renew the provisions of the Patriot Act in 2011 that you

are slamming President Bush on.

As you have advocated allowing homosexuals entrance into scouting in other posts, you might like to know that a CO sponsored by a Sharia based group would forbid any homosexual

scout or scouter as the behavior is forbidden.

I slam Obama hard on the Patriot Act and on other things as well. However, since you just mentioned the 'gay' issue, try to remember that this thread was an evidently vain attempt to discuss something OTHER than the gay issue...namely the IRS. If THAT gravitates back to the membership policy then perhaps we should just forget all other topics until that decision has been made. Perhaps even after that. Beeeee DOOOOOMED!
Sorry Packsaddle, You are correct about the post. Happy that I did not comment on the rest of the talking points.

Thursday afternoon cannot come soon enough as I am worn out talking about the subject with my Pack

Hopefully you mean concerned adults within the pack.

Is anyone disturbed by a senior IRS employee snapping during a conference call and wailing, "I'm not very good at math." That this was a female employee only adds to my disbelief. I mean, the only people who should be better at math than a tax authourity are rocket scientists and my CPA.

Is anyone disturbed by a senior IRS employee snapping during a conference call and wailing, "I'm not very good at math." That this was a female employee only adds to my disbelief. I mean, the only people who should be better at math than a tax authourity are rocket scientists and my CPA.
A thing called 'The Peter Principle' comes to mind. It seems to explain most of what we know as 'administrators'. Their inflated salaries are an obscenity.

moosetracker: "Government abuse of power is not Bush lying to the American people about Weapons of mas destruction, so that he could get the war HE wanted, but there wasn't any reason to have it unless you made up false claims??"

Yeeaaaahhh, there was a lot of that "lying" going on before Bush , apparently...

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.† Bill Clinton in 1998.

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.† From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

“Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.† Madeline Albright, 1998

“Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement.† Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

"“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.† Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998.

The best evidence we have now (based on Saddam's interrogator's testimony, which is very credible) was that Saddam mounted an intelligence operation to convince the west that he did have WMDs, while maintaining an ability to recreate the infrastructure to create them. He did this because he did not think the west was likely to conduct military strikes against Iraq (post Kuwait, which he considered a victory), but thought that Israel was very likely to, unless they thought Iraq had a WMD capability. He knew the Israelis relied upon and gave strong credence to American intel (well, the technological intel, at least), and believed if he could convince the U.S. he had WMDs, Israel would back off and the U.S. would not attack. Quite a miscalculation on his part, eh? He didn't count on the public mood post 9-11, when Saddam's historic support for terrorist organizations (such as the ANO) would come back to bite him from U.S. fears that he would be willing to give a WMD capability to terrorists.

There were a lot of people on both sides banging the drums of war before and after Dubya. But don't let me stop you from trying to re-write history.

When I was over there in the 80s, and Saddam was our best buddy in the region, he and the Iranians were both throwing, or at least rumored to be throwing, chemical weapons at each other. About the same time the SOB put two exocets into the side of the U.S.S. Stark killing 40 sailors. We should have hunted the bastard down then instead of waiting for 20 years.

@ Moosetracker...I don't mind your opinions because they are yours and you have every right to give them based on the information you elect to read and hear. However, as someone who has first hand knowledge of two of the four "scandals" currently under investigation I can tell you that your information is far from accurate. If you knew what those investigating this know but are not allowed to share for legal reasons you would most certainly change your tune. MB had it right when he said Nixon is likely rolling in his grave for having suffered more having done less.

The actions by the IRS staff may have not been proper but can we at least accept the premise that hundreds of small mom and pop PACs popping up in a relatively short time period is a cause for concern and warrants some scrutiny ? The potential for criminal abuse by these types of organizations is huge. Or are we supposed to just assume if you associate yourself with the Tea Party all is good.
That is the same logic that has or had the TSA strip searching "grandma". You investigate something because it is suspicious. A group whose stated position is tax revolt is cause for suspicion.