First Year Camper Program

Thanks for the feedback, all. I do hope to keep a good camper to staff ratio. Unfortunately, I've been give 3 staff members to work with, plus possibly CITs. I think I'll end up asking SMs and ASMs to lend a hand.

My recommendation to leaders is that they review the content we cover with the boys no sooner than a few hours after we teach it to make sure they retained it. Maybe I should write a letter to be handed out at check in...

Sure wish they had given me more time to plan.

Reviewing the content a couple of hours after it is being taught proves exactly what??????????????

NOTHING

The boy needs to have the knowledge a month after camp so he can apply it on the troop camp out.

I just don't understand why SM's and parents send their boys to these programs and then expect for them to have the tenderfoot and second class skills in at least marginally learned.

While I understand your tasked with providing a program........I would make it very clear that the home Troop leadership is responsible for quality control and attending the first year program is not an automatic pass.