Hi,

I must say... I know some people who have earned the Eagle Award, but in my opinion is not REALLY an Eagle Scout. On the other hand I have met some people who are Eagle Scouts and I REALLY respect them and know that they are REALY Eagle Scouts... And then I know some people (one imparticular)who only made it to first-class, but I consider him (although he did not earn the Eagle Award) to examplify the TRUE sprit of an Eagle scout. Although he did not earn the award to me he is what the rank of Eagle is all about. He is a scoutmaster now and I must say... Even though he is not an Eagle on paper... to me... he is an Eagle in his heart. He is an extremely good example of the scout oath and law and he is everything I think an eagle should be. He TRULEY carries the scout spirit and everything he has taught me I could never repay him for. I must ask... What do you think? What is your opinion. Do YOU know anyone like this? To me even though he is not an Eagle on paper... He is the best EAGLE SCOUT... I know... (I am starting to cry :'( )

Just a few quick thoughts...

Take the time to recognize this leader. If your unit "doesn't do leader recognition" this gentleman is a good reason to start. There are several other threads out there dealing w/ "Adult Recognition" and even some recipients shrug it off, but find a way to let this guy know what a great impression he has made on you and the good he has done through scouting.

More than likely other posts will advise caution?) you to be sensitive to his wishes but... Tell your COR & IH, let District know.

You've already told us!

Bob