Sad news...OldGreyEagle has passed away

Old Grey Eagle was the first Scouter who greeted me on these forums, and he was a constant, steadying hand in navigating the sometimes turbulent discussions. I respected him tremendously and I will miss his wisdom. The wheel has turned.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with sadness that I convey to all of you that John Arno, known to all of us as OldGreyEagle, has passed away. John's son Ryan shared details with me this morning of his dad's sudden passing whil

I am truly saddened to hear of his passing so suddenly and at such a young age. He was one of the real old-timers on here and, as many have said, always the voice of reason and calm. He will certainly be missed. Thank you, Terry, for giving us this sad news and information about OGE.

The entire Camp Minsi family shares your sadness; the world lost a dedicated Scouter and a great friend this week. John Arno (known to some Scouts as trapper Pierre DuMonde from Saskatoon, Seskatchewan) will always hold a special place among the staff, leaders, and Scouts who attended Camp Minsi over the years. John was a true part of the Minsi family and will be missed. As John often said: Camp Minsi is where he lived... the other 51 weeks he was in exile.

"May the Great Master of all Scouts keep our hearts and minds until we meet again."

~ Camp Minsi Facebook Tribute to John Arno[/url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151552393557915&set=a.356722927914.188601.10550032914&type=1] ~