Sad news...OldGreyEagle has passed away

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with sadness that I convey to all of you that John Arno, known to all of us as OldGreyEagle, has passed away. John's son Ryan shared details with me this morning of his dad's sudden passing whil

So sad. He took the time when I was a newbie to send me some good campout ideas in my part of Florida. He was in the area a while back and he wanted to swing by my Troop--we just couldn't hook up. I always wanted to meet him but always thought there was more time. :(

"That Friend speaks my mind".

I've come to think that , contrary to the usual saying that "it's the company a man keeps" that says alot about him, so much as "It's the company that keeps HIM," that says alot about the man.

"he has gone home"

Man I will truly miss OGE and his posts. Even when we disagreed he always made me smile. He was a man who dearly loved scouting and will surely be missed by all who knew him. He was a great and very fair moderator here in this forum. OGE I know you are with the great Almighty now enjoying your eternal reward. Blessings and comfort to your family and friends, you will indeed be missed.

• 3 weeks later...

As an Eagle the greatest frustration comes from having a body that is bound to this earth, and a spirit that desires to ride the thermals to heights only imagined. I can only imagine the joy John now knows, as he is free of the bonds of this earth, as may soar to the very heavens.

Prayers and positive thoughts on John's behalf and to the entire family. I always looked forward to reading his well thought out responses. He was truly a great guide to all of us who came to know him here. May the Great Master of all Scouts be with us until we meet again. Happy trails, Old Grey Eagle.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been away from this forum for a while and decided to poke my head up here...needless to say, this was more then a shock. I never met OGE in person, but we did become friends sharing our love of reenacting via emails and messages. Belated sympathies to the Arno family, your John and our OGE will indeed be missed... en roulant mon ami.

How very sad. I kept meaning to take the time to visit him at the Haggis eating festival held near where he lives in September. I haven't been around much since the site changed and I was unable to post Eamonn