Finally can post?!?

If you find an old post in the archives that is sort of what you want to ask, then post to it, which will bring it back to life, we know to look for a new topic in an old post due to this snaffooo... But, I wish we got word as to why there is just nothing happening that looks like someone is trying to fix it.

Moosetracker: I sent an Email to Terry asking for an update on the forum issues. Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon.

Would be nice to hear what the game plan in.. Perhaps we don't see anything going on as Scouter Terri has heard of software running this forum has promised a fix within the week, and he is waiting for it.. Or perhaps he is working on changing the software platform, so isn't working on fixing this.. But then it could be because he is simply not interested in keeping the forum going, and so is ignoring it until we give up using it and it dies a natural death.. We just don't know, 'cause there is no communication.. I do hope it is not the last one.. This was a great forum, I think the best on the net.

What I do note is, I haven't seen any really nasty messages about this (perhaps deleted, before I saw?) Some tame frustration, but that is as bad as I have seen. I see on other sites some nasty postings for things that are very small issues.. I would like to think that shows our boyscout curtesy is alive and well...

Would be nice to hear what the game plan in.. Perhaps we don't see anything going on as Scouter Terri has heard of software running this forum has promised a fix within the week, and he is waiting for it.. Or perhaps he is working on changing the software platform, so isn't working on fixing this.. But then it could be because he is simply not interested in keeping the forum going, and so is ignoring it until we give up using it and it dies a natural death.. We just don't know, 'cause there is no communication.. I do hope it is not the last one.. This was a great forum, I think the best on the net.

What I do note is, I haven't seen any really nasty messages about this (perhaps deleted, before I saw?) Some tame frustration, but that is as bad as I have seen. I see on other sites some nasty postings for things that are very small issues.. I would like to think that shows our boyscout curtesy is alive and well...

I can't speak for the other moderators but we have an informal agreement to 'sign' any action as serious as a deletion. Therefore I am happy to agree with you that our members have been (and continue to be) patient about this. I think it speaks well of our adherence to the Scout Law throughout our lives. I too, think this is the best forum on the internet and part of the reason for that is the calibre of the membership. My thanks to all of you and while I don't know how long it will take for Terry to resolve issues with this new interface, I hope everyone can remain patient. I do know he's trying to get it right.

I talked to Terry earlier this week. He told me he is getting a new client, and that he hopes to have it resolved in another week. I don't think that is a hard and fast commitment but more of a estimation.

As Packsaddle stated, we sign what we delete, and we all agreed to "sign" our work. I've been having some issues with spam down in the web hosting sub forum, where bots are registering to hawk their products and putting up unverifiable and unsecured web links that could hurt our users. I have not been signing my work in that section.

As both you (moosetracker) and Packsaddle stated, I think we've just got wonderful patient members who making the best of a less than ideal situation. I'm glad that many contributors here have stuck it out and soldiered on through the difficulties we've been having.

Yours in Service,

Sentinel947

The forum is somewhat broken.. No one can start a thread.. We diehards are sticking around and discussing on old threads.. If you have an issue you wish to discuss, do a search for some old thread that is something like what you want to discuss.. Post a new comment to it, You can start your message, with something like, "this is somewhat like the old issue posted here but not quite.." or "This title sortof fits my issue of.." Then post your issue.. You don't have to read the old posts and then try to compare your issue, just state your issue as a new issue, as if you did start a new thread.. It will save us (and you) from reading up on the old issue.. This should "should" bump the thread into the recently posted area.. Us diehards will know to look at old threads resurrected for some one using it in this manner..

Per stated in this thread about 3 posts up, there may be fixed hopefully sometime this week.. Sorry to new people who are new and trying to navigate through these technical difficulties.

You can post on any old thread. No oen can creat a new thread. It doesn't matter if you are 20 years in the forum.. An upgrade busted the forum.. The host (Scouter Terry) I guess is working on moving to a different forum software, we are just waiting for that and posting on old threads until then.