Do most packs give there webelos 2 a parting gift before they crossover into a troop?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite items collected throughout my youth Scouting career are badges. I have plaques, certificates, various miscellaneous items, but the things that mean the most to me are the badges; rank, eve

Yeah, some of these examples seem larger and bulkier than what I received for my eagle rank.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

In the pack I came out of, We got an AOL patch, mom's pin, and the OA chief congratulated us and shook our hands. First time I encountered the OA and boy did it make an impression.

My sons' pack gave the patch, mom's pin, and plaques.It seems as if each year the leaders are trying to outdo the previous years. My youngest has a huge plaque! Hate to see how much it was.

Sadly that happened with my old troop, except it was custom neckers. Gave out nine of them one year. Some never made it to the first meeting, and others quit within months. The troop decided to go old school and invest them with the neckerchief and slide when they earned Scout rank. It has saved some $. One year 2/3 never showed up to the first meeting. This past year, out of 4 that were suppose to be crossing over, only 1 came to the first meeting afterwards. 2 decided to join other troops, and 1 is MIA.

My 2 troops do custom neckers at crossover.  Same issue.  But my boy troop has them in super bulk so its a loss, but not a huge one.  My girl troop took the time to custom make theirs, so yeah, that could suck, but its our first year and we don't have the funds to buy them yet, so homemade is the way to go.

1 hour ago, Eagle87 said:

Our pack has been presenting these arrow plaques for decades. As the acting CM, I didn't want to break tradition.

Would be interesting to know if any adults still have them after all these years. Are any of the Pack parents former cubs from the Pack?

4 minutes ago, FireStone said:

Would be interesting to know if any adults still have them after all these years. Are any of the Pack parents former cubs from the Pack?

I'm pretty sure i still have what I received, but it was a wooden archery arrow, with different bands to mark how many of the adventures at each level I finished. I like that because its pretty cheap, and yet personalized.