Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

I'm noticing that I can't see anything in the Cub Scout forum now. If I look at page 1, I get "Invalid data requested". If I look at page 2, there are entries. Almost seems to me as if there was something in a record on page 1 that is causing a problem.

BTW - I notice if I reverse the sort order, the problem now occurs on the last page, not the first page.

Looks like your wait for the mini-rapture is over, packsaddle. The Cubbies are now infected.
I'm noticing that I can't see anything in the Cub Scout forum now. If I look at page 1, I get "Invalid data requested". If I look at page 2, there are entries. Almost seems to me as if there was something in a record on page 1 that is causing a problem.

BTW - I notice if I reverse the sort order, the problem now occurs on the last page, not the first page.

I"m just sorry that you've been left behind along with urschleim like me.

Seems someone's fixed the problem. Interesting though that now there is a duplicate of a topic. Wonder if that was the issue.

"Empty Response" on photo upload. And no photo.

My text is posted but no photo and the listing is not updated. So maybe this is just a micro-rapture.

Yep, tried to post a reply to DWise1_AOL's post that Pack fed through:

The by-laws are easily found here:

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/GuideToAdvancement/Appendix/CharterAndBylaws.aspx

They seem pretty unambiguous to me: "God" being a surrogate for the wordy "prime mover, who may be known or unknown to us mere mortals" or whatever the missionaries to the Celts were trying to use to communicate what they were trying to say about the Semitic deity adopted by the Roman empire.

I'm not sure how this is distinguished from "Supreme being", as the notion of "God" in the original language, although not Semitic, conveyed every notion of supremacy, perhaps more than even the Latin "Deus".

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/GuideToAdvancement/Appendix/CharterAndBylaws.aspx

They seem pretty unambiguous to me: "God" being a surrogate for the wordy "prime mover, who may be known or unknown to us mere mortals" or whatever the missionaries to the Celts were trying to use to communicate what they were trying to say about the Semitic deity adopted by the Roman empire.

I'm not sure how this is distinguished from "Supreme being", as the notion of "God" in the original language, although not Semitic, conveyed every notion of supremacy, perhaps more than even the Latin "Deus".

I tried to comment on DWise1_AOL's post in the "Non-sectarian" thread, it threw an error, I logged off and back on, now I can't find the thread!

I'm on the verge of taking the name of someone's supreme being in vain. :(

Not sure if anyone pointed this out but at the top I have a '2' for Notifications although there are none (no way to clear it, been there 2-3 days now.)
Ahhhh......I just put the iPad on a heat source and nothing!

Seriously....the "messages" are now gone. All fixed!

Most of the site seems ot work for me on the latest version of google chrome, though I do get random error messages. The one thing that doesn't seem to work is the open discussion forum. I cannot see any topics. I can see the most recent activity, but not the topic view.

Most of the site seems ot work for me on the latest version of google chrome, though I do get random error messages. The one thing that doesn't seem to work is the open discussion forum. I cannot see any topics. I can see the most recent activity, but not the topic view.
Well strike that. The Issues and Politics forum is doing the same thing as open discussion. I also cannot seem to post there. I keep getting "Empty Response" errors.

I know that this is not the place for this, but then you should have known that too. In the meantime as we wait for the forum software to work:

You asked me if I "believe in God". In asking that, you ignore officially published BSA religious policy.

The 1991 Reaffirmation of the Position of the Boy Scouts of America on Duty to God clearly states that BSA does not intend to define what constitutes belief in God. The Advancement Guidelines RELIGIOUS PRINCIPLES states that BSA "Does not define what constitutes belief in God or the practice of religion." It also clearly states that a member is to be judged according to the standards of his own religious tradition and that it's his own religious leaders who determine whether he's living up to their expectations. In 1985 and 1994, BSA National Director of Relationships Division unambiguously stated officially in writing that belief in a "Supreme Being" is not required, interpretation and definition of "Duty to God" is none of BSA's business but rather it's the business of the family and religious leaders, and that any Scout who can recite the Oath and Law in good conscience is welcome to participate.

So what exactly is your question? And how is it even relevent?