Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

click on Forums, then Today's Posts

Invalid data requested.

Same here. Can't reply. The title to your post is very inaccurate. A bill passed the senate, that's all. Stupid bills pass one house or the other all the time, it does not mean it will become law. Singling out youth groups would not get by the courts anyway.
Some posts work fine, some seem to require logging out and back in and pasting the message.

But, I keep trying to reply to the "Troop and crew conflict thread," but it keeps giving me an "empty response" error!

Must mean your response had no merit. :)

Before long we will start getting "invalid argument" errors. Lol

Well I am glad to see others having problems (not as in glad you are having problems, but glad I am not alone.).. I see some work done in that the threads go straight to a comment if you click on a post out of a thread.. I see an auto save going on also, not sure what you do when you loose stuff and would like to use it though. Nice little Icons for pictures and links (do they work?)..

But...

A) I haven't been around for weeks because I thought the whole forum was down. I just got "This page can't be displayed, that I always got when Terry was working on the forum, problem was it just never came back.. Today I thought to go to a search engine and search out the site, and I found it.. (My original favorites link was tied to Latest activity)..

Now that I found my way back:

Latest activity through this websites link is here shows an empty page..

Issues & politics shows an empty page, I can see though latest post something is there and can click on that to get to the thread in issue & Politics that had the latest posts in it.

Open Discussion has only 2 threads in it.

New to forum looks the best with 10 threads dating back to when we could start creating new threads..

Anyone find some hints and secrets as to finding all the hidden topics??

Now I am going to save this in my clipboard before posting, by some of the recent grumbling sounds like posting is unreliable again..

Well I am glad to see others having problems (not as in glad you are having problems, but glad I am not alone.).. I see some work done in that the threads go straight to a comment if you click on a post out of a thread.. I see an auto save going on also, not sure what you do when you loose stuff and would like to use it though. Nice little Icons for pictures and links (do they work?)..

But...

A) I haven't been around for weeks because I thought the whole forum was down. I just got "This page can't be displayed, that I always got when Terry was working on the forum, problem was it just never came back.. Today I thought to go to a search engine and search out the site, and I found it.. (My original favorites link was tied to Latest activity)..

Issues & politics shows an empty page, I can see though latest post something is there and can click on that to get to the thread in issue & Politics that had the latest posts in it.

New to forum looks the best with 10 threads dating back to when we could start creating new threads..

Now I am going to save this in my clipboard before posting, by some of the recent grumbling sounds like posting is unreliable again..

My first experience with this forum and I get the same problems.

Notification of two messages, but none to be found.

Issues & politics won't display any topics. However, if I sneak in through the back way (through a Google search), then topics do display. That is how I saw that my attempts to post a new topic caused a rash of new topics to appear, but then they are all empty.

All attempts so far to post (ie, new topic, reply in an existing topic) have failed with the same error messages noted above. Who knows about this current attempt?

Who's in charge of the software? Have they been notified?

But...

A lot has happened since you have been gone. We were able to settle all the issues and have come to mutual agreement. Therefor the issues and politics section is no longer needed. Everyone is happy now. :)
click on Forums, then Today's Posts

Invalid data requested.

Yes, I mistyped. My post (which disappeared and did not post) was hopefully more accurate in stating what the next step would be and if passed which youth groups would be affected and which would not from the bill. Will it pass into law? Maybe, maybe not.

Another annoyance, I still cannot list recent posts to forums: Open and Discussion , Issues & Politics.

Been 3 months.

Ha, Ha King Ding Dong... I think that statement is in an attempt to live up to your name... I thought the whole forum was down during the week after the vote, I would love to see some of the discussions after the vote.. Has anyone followed through on there threats to leave? I did get to see some comments as I found I could see something if I went into the forum for Issues an Politics and then hit latest activity.. But. I found going in that way is when I can't post replies and get an error.. If I post on the few that are truly in the forum, I find I can post on those with no problem.

Ha, Ha King Ding Dong... I think that statement is in an attempt to live up to your name... I thought the whole forum was down during the week after the vote, I would love to see some of the discussions after the vote.. Has anyone followed through on there threats to leave? I did get to see some comments as I found I could see something if I went into the forum for Issues an Politics and then hit latest activity.. But. I found going in that way is when I can't post replies and get an error.. If I post on the few that are truly in the forum, I find I can post on those with no problem.
We could post up until a couple of days ago. Then it went down.

Sure some seem to have taken their ball and run home. Some COs are claiming they will not recharter. Hard to imagine a pastor looking the boys in the eye and telling them their scouting days are over as far as he is concerned, but I guess there are people that cold and heartless.

Glad it's not just me. I was worried I had been banned.
Well I am sure there are a few that will say it is God's wrath for the BSA losing its moral compass. :)

Maybe it is a problem only for those who supported the membership policy change, or those choosing to stay in the BSA.

It is God's wrath for the BSA losing its moral compass. OK, are you happy now? God does control the code after all. It's all part of the matrix.

Or...as my wife often admonishes me, "I hope you're satisfied!". Sigh. I think I'll just wait here a while for a mini-rapture.

• Upvote 1
Not sure if anyone pointed this out but at the top I have a '2' for Notifications although there are none (no way to clear it, been there 2-3 days now.)
Yesterday, I had 2 notifications. Today, I have 3. Can't see 'em. Maybe the messages are scratched out with lemon juice and I just need to put my iPad over one of those old fashioned light bulbs.......

I'm noticing that I can't see anything in the Cub Scout forum now. If I look at page 1, I get "Invalid data requested". If I look at page 2, there are entries. Almost seems to me as if there was something in a record on page 1 that is causing a problem.

BTW - I notice if I reverse the sort order, the problem now occurs on the last page, not the first page.