Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

Yep, tried to post a reply to DWise1_AOL's post that Pack fed through:

The by-laws are easily found here:

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/GuideToAdvancement/Appendix/CharterAndBylaws.aspx

They seem pretty unambiguous to me: "God" being a surrogate for the wordy "prime mover, who may be known or unknown to us mere mortals" or whatever the missionaries to the Celts were trying to use to communicate what they were trying to say about the Semitic deity adopted by the Roman empire.

I'm not sure how this is distinguished from "Supreme being", as the notion of "God" in the original language, although not Semitic, conveyed every notion of supremacy, perhaps more than even the Latin "Deus".

I was not asking for a definition. I was asking about your stance. Let me rephrase:

Do you have a duty to God?

Yep, tried to post a reply to DWise1_AOL's post that Pack fed through:

The by-laws are easily found here:

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/GuideToAdvancement/Appendix/CharterAndBylaws.aspx

They seem pretty unambiguous to me: "God" being a surrogate for the wordy "prime mover, who may be known or unknown to us mere mortals" or whatever the missionaries to the Celts were trying to use to communicate what they were trying to say about the Semitic deity adopted by the Roman empire.

I'm not sure how this is distinguished from "Supreme being", as the notion of "God" in the original language, although not Semitic, conveyed every notion of supremacy, perhaps more than even the Latin "Deus".

Yes I do. I did throughout the events from 1989 to 1998 during which I was subjected to religious discrimination by BSA. My minister is recognized by officially published BSA policy to be the one to determine whether I do my Duty to God and he certified to BSA in writing that I do, but BSA chose to ignore both his letters both when he sent them and also each time I included them in my requests for review and my requests for status of my review, which dragged out for several years.

Of course, my Duty to God has nothing whatsoever to do with YHWH nor any other literal supernatural being, completely in accordance with my religious tradition (UU) and in accordance with officially published BSA religious policy.

Now if somebody could please get this forum software fixed, we can move this discussion to where it belongs.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of issues I’m having...

One: After reading a page, when I click the Back button to go back to the previous page (or use my mouse ‘back’ button), I hear a few clicking sounds, then I’m right back in the on the same page – it doesn’t matter how may pages I go into a thread or sub-forum. I have to go to the upper left corner, click on the drop-down ‘previous page’, and click on the sub-forum or forum title to get out of the thread or back to the main forum page. (This was occurring with the previous forum software as well, which is why I stopped frequenting the forum. Too frustrating when you’re accustomed to clicking ‘back’ and actually going back one page. I though it might be fixed with the software upgrade, but apparently not.) When I click into a thread, I hear several clicks as well. Could there be multiple instances of each page loading in the cache?

Two: This may tie into issue #1 above. When I’m moving around in the forum, this website uses a lot of my PC resources – much more than any other website I visit. I’ve actually gotten a ‘high usage’ warning from Norton when IE is the only app I have open and this is the only website I’m looking at. This really becomes apparent when I try to enter/edit a post. I edited this post in Word, then tried to copy/paste it into the 'Write something' box at the bottom of the page. Due to the latency in screen update, I inadvertently double-pasted my post. I then had to edit my post to remove the extra paste, then key in the last couple of sentences here. While waiting for the editing function to catch up, I expereinced a screen delay of close to three to four seconds where I could see the scrolling arrow being pushed, then three seconds, then the scroll would move. I checked my CPU usage (via Task Manager) and it was hitting 50% or better CPU and 740M memory uasge. Granted, my PC has some age, but no other website I visit uses the resources like this site.

Running Windows XP Home SP3, Norton Internet Security (v 20.4.0.40), IE (8.0.6001.18702IC). Currently up to date on all. About 1G RAM, dual Pentium processors.

When are you guys going to correct my ranking to Senior Member, with over 2600 posts and this site should have most of the bugs worked out by now. Terry are you using the IT staff from National to correct all the bugs, lol. Seriously though this site should be almost bug free by now.

When are you guys going to correct my ranking to Senior Member, with over 2600 posts and this site should have most of the bugs worked out by now. Terry are you using the IT staff from National to correct all the bugs, lol. Seriously though this site should be almost bug free by now.
Wait. Didn't you say you were leaving us for the ministry? You should be "Member Emeritus."
Well qwasze I thought I would have little time after taking over as Sr. Pastor however with a great staff and volunteers and a reorganization of the way things get done things are getting done better and faster than ever before so I have more time to dabble in the forums than I thought I would. I like your member emeritus classification however since I am already Advisor Emeritus for the crew I started at the church 12+ years ago.
Sweet! So, that leads me to ask how much all of the scouting experience helped with the pastoring? Maybe you can start a new thread on the subject (if they let juniors do that sort of thing ;) ).