Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

I'm working with Firefox from a notebook in another country on an alien wireless network through and alien ISP. And everything seems to be working fine. I think the new forums just take some time to get used to. The old one seemed so comfortable, kind like an old rustbucket car that needed to be replaced for a lot of reasons long ago. Got one of those too.

I am unable to start a new thread in the Advancement Resources forum. After I enter the message and click SUBMIT I get a message saying "You are not authorized to create this post." I seem to be able to post to existing threads like this one, but I can't start a new thread. What's the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking the same, I just said earlier things were working much better and the bulk of my posts have poofed, lol. Glad to see this thread re-emerged! vBulletin is being absolutely evil.

Yes, I just noticed the missing posts. There is a thread is "Issues and Politics" (the one started with a poll, by MichScouter) that has had many posts in the past few weeks, with multiple posts just about every day, but it now says the most recent post was March 19. There must be dozens of posts missing from that thread alone.

At this point I'm iffy to even post questions here anymore. I know its all part of the 'glitching' but I am very irked that the past 2-3 weeks posts have poofed. I'm sure they'll return sometime or another (well, maybe) but it's almost impossible to post anything without the chance of it disappearing shortly after. I have searched and searched and have yet to find another scouting forum online that didn't belong to a specific area (I love this one but have no idea if it'll be fixed or not.)

Well, my activity has gone way, way down. Even after purging my cache in Firefox. When I log in, I can see there is current activity, but when I try to go to one of those topics, I CAN'T SEE anything recent. For example. In this topic the most recent post I'm allowed to see today was posted back on 2/5 (#30 by Eagle69). Makes it difficult to participate.

Well, my activity has gone way, way down. Even after purging my cache in Firefox. When I log in, I can see there is current activity, but when I try to go to one of those topics, I CAN'T SEE anything recent. For example. In this topic the most recent post I'm allowed to see today was posted back on 2/5 (#30 by Eagle69). Makes it difficult to participate.
Okay, that's weird. I'm allowed to see all the posts in thread only AFTER I post. Still makes it difficult to participate.