Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

I love it when you try to edit your own post. You make your changes and then try to save it.

Back comes the notice that you must put in a title in order to save your changes.

So you go to the title bar where it says to type in title.

Surprise! Your cursor will not click in the title area. You can not type in a title, so you can not save any changes you have made.

Forget editing your posts altogether.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

Just discovered the individual page number buttons on the bottom of each page of the 'Not Quite Right in the Head' topic. They work really well for moving up and back through eight pages! Thanks!

As you might notice, I have just gone thru the whole list of threads and here is what I found:

* The "post reply" button at the top of the stack and the "post reply" button at the bottom mean and do two different things. Might want to rename the top one. Maybe "Write Reply"???

*The forums without my "tests" could not be replied to from my present computer, and some of them not from my home computer, either.

* "Patch Trading"... the reply dissapeared when top "reply" button was hit, when the bottom/top button was hit, and when the bottom/bottom button was hit. Start over, and the same result.

*Still can't "post reply" on I&P Jamboree subforum, from top or bottom.

* Hitting the top "PR" button yields a write window, and a seperate "PR" bottom button. They are not the same as the "PR" button at the bottom of the whole page, and may not yield a posted comment.

Hope that helps our virtual cracker barrel caterers.

The only problem I can see from this new format is that the participation level has dropped significantly. Is it because it is too hard to navigate for many? Is it because there is too much of the old outdated topics you have to wade through? Whatever the reason I see much fewer participants and much fewer ongoing debates with this format and that is just very sad.

Has any one else noticed an issue with the "membership" categories? I'm listed as a Junior Member with 2274 posts, Basement Dweller has 4261 posts and is listed as a Junior Member. BadenP has 2545 posts and is listed as a Junior Member. Kbandit with 217 posts is listed as a Senior Member. GKlose with 948 posts is listed as a Junior Member. And that's just a few examples.

Also, I was just in the the most current Scout Account's thread and my thread post is missing. Actually, it's there, along with a response, but my post is blank while the response is not. My responses to other comments in the thread are there. There's no note saying it was edited, and if it was edited, I don't know why it would have been.