Debugging and Suggestions for new SCOUTER.com

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Test post. Bold italic underlined text. Different fonts, sizes and colors: bigger, much bigger, smaller, tiny.   Ordered list: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Unordered list: Item 1 Item

Test posting link.   Test uploading and inserting an attachment: [ATTACH]n21[/ATTACH]   Insert image from URL:     Net Poufank d'Vioule de, Bänk dann duurch aus et. Dall bléit mé

The speed seems.......      

The pages in a topic is still messed up. In order to see past page 1 you have to manually type in another number (any other number will do). At that point it will show you how many pages there are in the thread. You then have to either type in the last page number and hit enter, or go to the two small blank boxes next to the page numbers and click on the right hand box to get the next page.

Why can't it automatically bring up the most current post?

Or at least automatically tell you how many pages there are?

And why is the New Topics button not bringing up anything? Does it have to be a brand new topic, and not just a new post in an old topic?

Of course the new activity button does not work either.

I would really appreciate some feedback from Scouter Terry to let us loyal posters know what is going on, why, and when things will be fixed to make this site useable again. It's liike he's dropped off the face of the earth.

Tried to create new topic in Program: Jamboree. Error: Wrong answer to random question.

Tried again, an hour later, Error: You are not authorized to create this post.

Try another forum/thread, posted ok, but long "working", like 30 seconds...

I see I was able to finally post. I cannot make any threads but this post and the one before went through. When clicking on the thread, I can't see this post but I see it does say I was the last poster. I was unable to edit the post above (can't see it in the thread and unable to edit it from my profile.) Hoping this kink is worked out soon, look forward to posting more around here :) (Tried to introduce myself but it wouldn't allow me to.)

Well, at least I can log back in now. Sometime last week, it started prompting for my password everytime I came to the site with some message it was open only to members. One or two times it let me log into the site that way, then it would not log me in.. Didn't tell me why just kept reprompting me for my username/ password.. Figured, I was voted out of being a real, REAL member or something..

This time let me in and I wandered around a little not realizing I wasn't logged on.. If your not logged in, you get page buttons on the bottom of the page, Sortof like the page buttons we had on the outside of the thread so you could start out right on the page you want to be on. I think the "Post Reply" that you get when logged in must cover up the feature for members.. Also I do not know if it was a fluke or a feature non-members get that members do not.. When I entered the thread as a non-member, it immediatly said on the top that there were 7 pages to the thread.. When I came back as a member, it said there was only 1 until you played around with the page option to get it to show the hidden other 3 pages.

Anyway, I did want to state it was nice that we have back the visual on the "latest topics" of time and person who last posted to it. That helps.. Not sure if "latest topics" is showing all the right stuff though. Like it didn't show this thread, though last post was ssscout at 11:17 pm yesterday.. And did show some threads not posted to since 03/07, 03/03, 02/28, 02/27 etc.. It only shows one other thread posted by SSScout yesterday.. Since it isn't showing this thread posted yesterday, it has me not trusting that the "latest topics" is really being honest with me..

While the search/page # bar is now fixed at the top so it is always available (thank you!), the page number is still an issue. It seems that some times it will show the correct number of pages, and sometimes you need to enter a number (any number) to get it to boot up the correct number of pages in the thread. It has got to the point that I automatically stick in a number when I enter a thread to see what the real page numbers are.

It would also help if a thread pulled up with the last page visible instead of page 1. That way you would not have to find the correct number of pages, then go to the last page, to find the most current posts.

I log on successfully. All my credentials are correct.

I seek to post a New Topic in Discussion and Program, Going to the Jamboree? Write the title, no punctuation. Write message, Hit "post button, which is not labeled legitably (like all of the others).

Receive Error: You are not authorized to post this message.

I come to this forum, this thread, Write this message. And I hit the "post" button.....