Hello guys

I'm a Scout Leader from Chile and found this site while looking for some cooking recipies and thought it would be iteresting to know how scouting is done in other parts of the world

I tried looking if this site is particular to a region or country but couldn't find a faq about the sites purpose, so if I'm intruding or anything I hope you excuse me

nivipi

PS No one knows some good recipies for cooking with coals :) ?

Welcome friend! If you search around this forum you will find some great recipes. You will also find a variety of other topics. Some of them are interesting also.

The site is national - people from every part of the U.S. are members and some of them are in other parts of the world.

Scouting here is different from some other countries, Boy Scouts is separate from Girl Scouts. I have noticed that boys and girls are combined in other countries. Is this true for Chile? Welcome again. I hope to read more about your country as well.

Welcome to boards!

You'll find these forums informative, and at at times entertaining.

As for good ole cooking over the coals, here's one you can try.

Foil Packs:

Get a good size piece of tin foil. Add 1/2 pound hamburger meat, 6-7 sliced carrots, 4-5 sliced potatoes, and just one slice of onion. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap all this good stuff in the foil.

Bury the foil pack in the coals. Cook about 15 - 20 minutes.

Yours in Scouting

Cary P

Hi Nivipi, dont worry about Fat Old Guy and purcelce, they are merely participating in an old american tradition known as "busting on" or "busting his chops", harmless really.

We have quite an ecletic crew here, people from all over the United States with a few from other places as well, all are welcome and have a good time

(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Thanks

packsaddle, most (95%) groups here are co-ed, it's not mandatory to be co-ed but it's the prefered choice.

The usual scout group structure is like this

boys girls

manada de lobatos 7-11 bandada de golondrinas

tropa de scouts 11-15 compaia de guias

and the Ruta is a mixed unit with boys and girls aged 15-17, not all Rutas are co-ed, but it's quite comon that way.

Personally I like it this way, it's good for both girls and boys and it dosn't cause much trouble to the leaders.

At an organizational level there is one comon organization for both guides and scouts .

Salu2

nivipi