First for me, and evidently for the internet rechartering. I have a youth application from an 18 y/o spouse. No parent info. The "add youth" step is insisting on a parent/guardian.

Any easy way around this?

At the upcoming ski weekend in the hills there are men's houses and women's houses. No honeymoon suites.

(For any crews in the neighborhood looking for something to do the first weekend in the new year: http://heritagereservation.org/winter/winterv.php)

But, if she were willing to tent with him in what we hope will be perfect ski conditions, I would set up their tent and bring breakfast-in-bed personally!

Only one of my female youth (my daughter) has been willing to winter camp.

Quaz,

Do not bring breakfast in bed, trust me on that one :).

While not in that exact situation, had two young, married summer camp staffers sharing a tent. Ranger was going to see one of them for something, and ended up turning around. Thankfully they were in a tent away from the main area and had some degree of privacy.

As to who do you put for a 18-20 year old Venturer without parents, I'd put whoever they want contacted in an emergency.

Acco, I think hat's how most youth see it and I'm not about to disavow them of the notion --

especially given E92's admonition. In general, I don't spout off rules, I make the youth read the guide and sort it out for themselves.

Good advice on the emergency contact thing. There's no category for it, but the roster is a convenient place for #s. Faster look-up than all those med forms.

By the way, the getaway weekend link I posted is a sweet gig. I'm looking forward to it after banging out this charter.

I am sorry I don't remember which thread or who posted it. But I do remember seeing it here in the last few months.

Someone had driectly asked National Venturing Staff about this situation and the gist of it was, that even if one was youth and the other adult, BSA placed married people sleeping in a tent together over generic YPT rules.

"I am sorry I don't remember which thread or who posted it. But I do remember seeing it here in the last few months.

Someone had driectly asked National Venturing Staff about this situation and the gist of it was, that even if one was youth and the other adult, BSA placed married people sleeping in a tent together over generic YPT rules."

Yes.

I don't know if others got that answer, but I got that answer from the then National Venturing Division people in the early years of the program: marriage trumps the matter of fraternization.

Some felt they could argue the point about fraternization when the Venturing YPT training is VERY clear on the matter that a venturing adult (21 and older) and a venturing youth (under 21) could not be dating, and if they wanted to do so, the adult had to leave the crew. This is stated in the video.

This is both an issue if the people are dating when they are both under 21, and then one becomes 21 and still wants to be part of the crew, as well as when a youth and adult met within the crew and want to start a relationship.

As noted, being married trumps that and makes it a non-issue.

okay...since we are on the topic...how about this...

you have a married couple on a Venturing trip...the husband is 22 and the wife is 20...according to what national said, they can tent together and to me, that makes perfect sense...

what does not make sense is that there now must also be a female adult since there is a female youth on the trip...even though that youth has her husband there as a leader...

seems crazy that a husband can't serve the role as "supervising" her (I am assuming that she is the only female youth on the trip)...

just like it makes no sense to me that a father can't serve as the adult leader supervising his daughter (again, assuming that there are no other female youth), but that a female adult must also be present...

just sayin'