Physical Wellness online training

Just took the online Physical Wellness course. What a stupid, stupid, stupid waste of my time. Smoking is bad? Really?

So assuming I failed fourth-grade health, why waste time with the insipid banter of Peewee Harris & Co. or restoring health to the cartoon green blob? What's the target market for this crap, adults or Tiger Cubs?

I logged-on because I needed to update Safe-Swim Defense and Safety Afloat (not that I have any immediate need for either of those in January) and saw the wellness training. Since I had not previously taken it, thought I'd give it a try. What a waste. Who do I see about getting that 45 minutes of my life back?

A few weeks ago, I cajoled a committee member into finally taking Troop Committee Challenge. Afterward, she said "what's up with the 1980s graphics?". To me, Physical Wellness is worse.

I don't get it. We don't need cartoonish online training. That stuff wouldn't even work with young teens.

I find it condescending for adults, in a way.

I also don't mean this to sound overly harsh, but someone, somewhere thinks that is sufficient training. To me, that's where the real problem is.

Guy

So how does that work? Someone was cleaning out their desk and ran across a bad, 10-year-old training module and figured, what the heck, our volunteers have nothing better to do, let's post it?

I expect more respect be given of my time. I exect higher quality standards for training materials.

Until now, I would would take -- have for the most part HAVE taken -- any training BSA puts out. For one, I'm interested in being the best leader I can for my Scouts. Secondly, I trust BSA will value my time (and theirs, for that matter) and not put out worthless training material. I would think that is an attitude BSA would encourage and not abuse that trust.