Blouses to now be tucked in?

http://bsauniforms.org/#/venturer/item-venturerfemale and http://bsauniforms.org/#/scout-leader/item-leaderfemale show women wearing uniform shirts that are tucked in. Will the new shirts that have a top which is more appropriately sized for a female now be long enough that it can be tucked in without popping out every time a person moves? Or are the women shown wearing men's shirts?

Once you see a beautiful woman wearing a scout uniform, then and only then will you realize just what a really terribly ugly uniform BSA is selling us. The fact that so many scout leaders are fat sort of hides the fact since everything a really heavy person wears will hang from them like a tent. But get someone who is in excellent shape in a uniform and you'll realize the uniform is making them look worse than they would in just about anything else.

Look at any US Marine in any of their uniforms and compare. Get yourself a US Marine khaki shirt and put it on. You'll be shocked at the fit of it compared to a scout shirt.

I have no problem with traditional uniforms, but ours are proportioned very badly.

I'd like to see the scouts mimic the military uniforms. A shirt for summer, an outer jacket for the other three seasons. Separate outdoor gear from dress uniform.

"...then will you realize just what a really terribly ugly uniform BSA is selling us... "

This could explain why I have active adult volunteers that are happy to help but have no desire to wear the uniform. Cost is not the reason - they just think that the uniform is for the boys and they will look silly in it. I admit not everyone is comfortable wearing shirts with big flasy patches on it.

Just my two cents: I don't think the uniform is ugly but agree that it does not appeal to everyone. One change I would make would be to get rid of the epaulettes on the shirt since they mimic the military too much and looks silly.

"..I'd like to see the scouts mimic the military uniforms. A shirt for summer, an outer jacket for the other three seasons. Separate outdoor gear from dress uniform..."

You could do this at your unit level and make it work. Alot of units already do this to varying degrees with the exception of the outer jackets. If you live in colder climates, the outer jackets make sense. In the South, not so much.

BSA24,

It's only been since 1957 that the service coat and tie and the field uniforms were completely different in the US Army.

I still have my Dad's OD wool pants. He wore those in the field to the time he retired, and they're still going strong 51 years later. Amazing what 6oz wool serge will go through.