• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If an Eagle candidate is not supposed to solicit donations (i.e. a scout is thrifty and works to pay his own way) then why is FOS acceptable to the organization based on the ideal of being thrifty?

If the council and district add value, they should reflect that in the fees charged at their events, or like our Eagle candidates, work to get the shortfall in the budget.

"...There seems to be a lot of anger here, and a rhetorical, why is that? We are almost all adult volunteers in an Organization whose local professional component hardly ever obtains our respect. It appears there is little regard for "Irving" or anything that is done at the National level. And yet we still spend time and energy with an Organization we appear to despise and have little regard for, why do we do what we do?..."

I sympathize and agree with the above statement. I don't see the Professionals as the advesaries but as partners in this great organization. As far as FOS is concerned, I give what I can personallty. It'a a personal choice to give or not. If you a as a volunteer have serious concerns how your council FOS funds are being used, then contact your Council Executive Board (filled with volunteers) or the Council President (who is a volunteer). Go directly to the source.

"...There seems to be a lot of anger here, and a rhetorical, why is that? We are almost all adult volunteers in an Organization whose local professional component hardly ever obtains our respect. It appears there is little regard for "Irving" or anything that is done at the National level. And yet we still spend time and energy with an Organization we appear to despise and have little regard for, why do we do what we do?..."

I sympathize and agree with the above statement. I don't see the Professionals as the advesaries but as partners in this great organization. As far as FOS is concerned, I give what I can personally. It'a a personal choice to give or not. If you a as a volunteer have serious concerns how your council FOS funds are being used, then contact your Council Executive Board (filled with volunteers) or the Council President (who is a volunteer). Go directly to the source.