Le Voyageur:

Please let us know you're okay after the storm passes. I hope you're out of there by now.

I'm feel safe saying that our prayers (in whatever form they may take) are with you and your family.

Be safe. Be well. Godspeed.

Dave

For those in Isabell's path, please take the necessary precautions.

Living in typhoon alley for most of my life make us pretty resilient here but only to a point.

Here are some suggestions for those in Isabell's approach along the coast.

You will need to secure the windows from flying debris. Secure it to tight. You need to open a window on the leeward side of your home to offset any air presure. Failure to so may cause your home to implode. When the wind turns. Secure that window and open a window opposite from the wind.

Collect Water in all forms of plastic containers for future use.

Buy and store Canned goods. Set your freezer and refrigerator at its highest setting.

Top off all your vehicles with fuel and fill up all gas containers.

Seek higher ground if your home is in a low lying area.

Seek government shelters if your home is not concrete.

Secure all important documents in double ziplock bags and weigh it down or put in a safe.

Secure all electronics in plastic bags.

Should the Storm make landfall and after it passes. Take pictures of damages to your property for Red Cross and FEMA.

If you have a cell phone, charge up the batteries and save it for later.

Most of all stay indoors.

God Bless,

Matua

"Seek government shelters if your home is not concrete."

ROFLMAO! Even the $700,000 houses are only vinyl siding over 2x4s.

BTW, the latest information here on the mainland is that the opinion has changed about keeping a window open to equalize air pressure.

Sure im glad I went to the outer banks in July for vacation. Our(Oops thr troop i serve)is ahs a camp out in the fare southe east par tof the state and we'll probably get wet from this the weather guys says. Good test for the new tents huh?

I saw some new construction of beach houses while on vacation and they didn't look like thesd stand up the hurricanes to me. But then again I'm a nurse not a carpenter. Good luck

Bringing you an update from Richmond, VA.

We are still digging out from the storm. Most people are still with out power and the Power Company is not expecting power to be restored to about 75% of the people in the area by Thursday. My family made it through fine with no major property damage, but I am still without power, water (on a well) and phone. Ironically I have sent my wife and kids to the Southern shores of NC where they will have power, water and phone.