Left or right handed?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right-handed everything comes naturally though I can use the left if necessary.

Usually I need both hands for all activities. I'm a mom--what I'm doing for me with one hand is usually being done for a little one with the free hand :)(This message has been edited by Laurie)

There once was a man who was in a horrible train accident. He had to have his entire left side amputated.

He's all right now.

Everything I do physically is left handed except mouse.

Everything I do mentally is right. And don't forget it!

OGE, I'm kind of disappointed. This is probably the first thing we've not had in common!

Fun facts:

There is a higher percentage of left handers in MENSA than right handers.

In that I was born in Feb., I take pride in the fact that there is a higher percentage of Feb. birthdays in MENSA than any other month.

Doesn't mean I'm in MENSA, but if I'm a left hander born in Feb., maybe I should be?

Mark

My father (who's a leftie) claims that I was supposed to be left-handed. My husband is left-handed. My younger son is left-handed. I sense a trend here...

I write right-handed, but can write left-handed if the need arises (and can write with both hands at the same time, mirror-wise, as a party trick!).

In my batting days, I was a switch-hitter.

If I'm paddling a canoe, I prefer to paddle on the left.

I am left-eyed (left is the dominant eye) which means archery, riflery, looking in a Mel-Temp, etc. is leftie.

I play cards left-handed! (Haven't seen that one listed above - hold the deck in my right hand, deal with my left. Hold my cards in my right hand, play with my left.)

So does that all make me ambidextrous, or just really really confused :)??

Marietta

Born left-handed. But the school system I went to as a first grader did not want to deal with left-handers, so with the permission of the parents, we were taught to use the right hand...even to the point of tying the left hand behind the back if necessary.

Needless to say.....

Write right-handed, but sometimes left...

Bat both ways...

Throw right-handed...

Shoot left-handed (hockey)...

Shoot left-handed (rifle)...

Use hammer with both...separately, or course...

Same with most tools....

Etc...

To the viewer, I must appear quite confused, but to me it's rather normal. Those who can only use one hand seem the odd ones...:-)