doing a job right

The point I was trying make was one should do the job as well as you can the first time, even if it takes too long, is still better than first doing it poorly and then trying to do it over in a time frame far longer than doing it right the first time would have taken. Kind of a long way of saying: Haste makes waste.

Another one from that schools wall:

Your mother does not work here, clean up after yourself.

Howdy, Prairie. Sit ye down and pass the pipe 'round (metaphoric pipe. I don't smoke. Sometimes wish I did, just for the image).

Welcome to the forums.

Another wall hanger:

"Good work is love made visible"

YiS

Consider the pipe passed and gratefully accepted.

I have been an amature astronomer for years now, many great quotes but this is my favorite:

We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

- Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers

and this one is 2nd, swipped from another site.

The world famous pink clubhouse at Stellafane quotes the beginning line of the 19th psalm "The heavens declare the Glory of God". But the whole psalm has a neater meaning: "The heavens declare the Glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge." The night sky is there to give us knowledge, if we'd only observe.

• 1 month later...

My Grandfather always told me "any job big or small do it right or not at all" and I have leared that if you focus on a job most times you can get it done right and get it done faster then expected. One plus you Scouting is you can always say NO if you can not meet the deadline although I can't seem to do that but it is an option.