Sherlock Holmes and the Police Line

This last weekend we had a great campout! We went swimming and had our Iron Chef competition and went swimming some more and did knots and lashings and went swimming again! I'm sorry some of you fellows missed it! Of course we finished up on Sunday with a police line. Let me tell you, that was a great camp site, but it was pretty littered this year. Lots of other people's trash we picked up in our police line. After we finished policing the area, I got to thinking. Being an avid reader of Sherlock Holmes, I used my acute powers of observation and deduction and came to the conclusion that no other Boy Scout troop had camped here in at least five weeks! How did I know this? Ahhh - elementary, my dear Watson! Does anyone know how I knew this fact?

{lots of guesses here}

Well, you're right! We found some old fireworks from last fourth of July ... which was five weeks ago! And if any Scout troop had camped here I know they would have picked up that trash, just like we did. A Scout leaves his camp site cleaner than when he arrived!