A long time ago, in a troop far, far away ...

... I was a Boy Scout just like you. Now, I know that a lot of you guys have trouble picturing your parents, your teachers, your Scoutmaster as kids, but we were teen-agers, too, just like you. Sometime it seems that things are NEVER going to change. You're always going to be struggling through math class, or that big zit on your nose will always be there, or that pretty girl will never notice you.

But little by little, things do change. You get through high school and then go to college, and then find a job, and get married, and have kids, and one day - wham! - you realize that things have changed a LOT! And you realize that all along that path, you have made choices. Should I go to this college or that one? Should I pick this major or that one? Should I take this job offer or that one?

Sometimes I wonder what things would have been like if I had gone to a different college. And, I probably could have made more money if I had picked a different career. And, sometimes I miss living in southern California.

But you know one thing that I have never, ever, regretted? Not once in my life have I ever regretted becoming an Eagle Scout.

Think about it.