Obnoxious Java Ad on Scouter.Com

Yah, anybody else have a pop-up series from performanceoptimizer.com show up while they were browsin' Scouter.Com? I've gotten this two or three times now.

Starts with a fake error message modal-like window, then wipes my scouter.com window to take me to their site.

Can we block 'em?

Beavah

Maybe your system has picked up some malware I have never seen any popups on this site of course I run mozilla with the popup blocker enabled and run spybot search and destroy checker on a regular basis along with antivirus and firewall.

I just received the same error message once in the last couple of days. I suppose it's theoretically possible that Beavah and I somehow have picked up the same malware from somewhere else, but that doesn't seem like it would be my first guess.

Yah, I'm mac based on firefox, with popup blocking enabled and a full firewall. No malware present, though they did place more cookies than an average Girl Scout, eh? :p

This was a cute javascript manipulation that came through a scouter.com page.

I sent their order clearinghouse and ISP a legal nastygram when I couldn't find business contact information on the firm itself. Maybe that'll fix it. ;)

Beavah