You mean the Songbook CD? When I saw it in the shop, I did not notice Ging Gang Gooli on it (but I'll have to look again). When I checked the sample files, I was not especially pleased with the arrangements- nothing bad, just not what I was looking for.

I found this VIDEO of Ging Gang Goo- and it almost scares me! ;-) (http://www.roostermusic.com.au/videogooli.html). They offer an MP3 vesion, but it is not what what I want either, and it omits the 'elephants walking' bit!

I also found, did not bookmark, and cannot relocate a site of several tapes of campfires from Philmont- fun, but very low-res.

Apparently, it's not just a song, it's a story line too.

I don't have time to read this since I'm going to start ripping up my kitchen and house to support a Pack Overnight today. But I'm printing it off and will give it to the parent doing the campfire tonight. Perhaps he will want to use it.

http://www.scouter.com/archives/scouts-l/199511/0834.asp

Ging Gang Goo (or Ging Gang Goolie) is a GREAT song, and a lot of fun. The story beind it and the story it tells (in that version at least) is fun also.

I am always a bit surprised it is not featured more often around here- I had not heared it performed until Woodbadge, and fell in love with it.

I'd like to use it as background music to a Powerpoint presentation, and just have it on my iPod to sing along to... if I can find a 'full' version!

• 3 months later...

I have personally recorded a version of "Ging Gang Gooli" on my Native American Flute (NAF) that I can make available to you. I also have NAF recordings of:

- OA Song

- Back to Gilwell

- America, America

- Johnny Appleseed Grace

- Philmont Hymn

- On My Honor

- Scout Vespers

The slower inspirational songs like America, On My Honor, and Vespers sound better on a Native American Flute than Ging Gang Gooli does, but you are welcome to it if you want it.

I would LOVE that!

(PS, I DID get the CD, and Ging Gang IS NOT on it, darn it all!)

Anyway, my e-mail is mad90kins9007@c9ox.c9om (omit the '9's'- they are there to confound spammers!)

Thanks very much!

And just FYI- if you do a search in a peer-to-peer sharing network for Boy Scout MP3's, you'll get a lot of stuff you probably don't particularly want to listen to!

• 1 month later...

I have been unable to send you the resulting MP3 file in a personal email. I get a message:

24.248.74.35 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 Mailbox unavailable or access denied - Giving up.

Please let me know how to send you this file (it is a little over 5 Meg zipped up).

Another CD that you may want to purchase is "Songs of the Buckeye Council Camps" which is available at http://www.tuscazoar.org/PROD04.htm. It does not contain Ging Gang Gooli, but it does have lots of other great songs.