Presidential Pilgrimages

I am looking for a couple of choice shots from each of the BSA presidential pilgrimages for a new book that I am working on. Do any of you out there have images of Scouts in front of the presidential tombs of: Theodore Roosevelt, Warren G. Harding, U.S. Grant, Lincoln, Washington, and during the events at Mt. Rushmore and Valley Forge.

If I missed any presidential pilgrimage, please let me know. It does not have to be a current one, but one that a BSA council sanctioned in the past century.

Thank you for your assistance.

David C. Scott

David;

Is this something that might have been in Scouting Magazine? I have quite a few paper copies of it from the 30's and so on. If there is a date to review, let me know, and I will see if there are any photos.

Wes: Thanks for the idea. I have all of the 1930s, '40s issues of Scouting Magazine and will check. I have been researching in my Boys' Life archive from 1911 on and had not thought of Scouting Mag just yet.

jhankins: yes, I was aware of the Redlands Pilgrimage and would like to photos from the event. Copyright permissions would have to be secured if one was used in the book. But if you have a series on thumbnails, I would love to take a look.

I know of 2 pilgrimages in Illinois. U.S. Grant held in Galena Illinois by Blackhawk Area Council, and Lincoln held in Springfield by I think Abraham Lincoln Area Council. You could check with either of those Councils for information.