Apology for Bob White

Hi All

I thought I had sent Bob a private note about a post he wrote in the Open Discussion forum under the "Whose Troop is it?" subject. I was in a hurry and didn't go back to the discussion until a couple hours later to see I had mistakenly sent it public. I am sorry for any hurt that I may have brought you or your family, Bob. The note was my personal opinion and wasn't intended to influence the discussion or publicize my opinion. I also apologize to you OGE for changing the direction of your post. It was enjoying the subject and some of the discussion.

I've grown tired of the juvenal attacks of each other on this forum. I believe the forum was intended to help each other improve our program. I believe that was OGE's intent as well. My note was intended only for one person to read. But pushing one wrong button kind of changes all that, doesn't it? Man, my whole day has been like this.

I've seen the smiley faces that bang their head against the wall. I don't have them, but I have been humbled by the experience.

Barry

Eagledad, you don't have to apologize for Bob White. (Maybe you meant apology TO Bob White!).

I agree with you that the forum does slide into juvenile attacks all too often. I must say however, that when Scout specific questions are asked, the response by the multitude of posters is very helpful. Eagledad, I've enjoyed your many uplifting and informative posts.(This message has been edited by acco40)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it definitely was a turn-off for me and that is why I left the forums many months ago. I thought I'd surf on by again tonight and maybe be inspired by some wonderful posts (as can sometimes happen) but I see that nothing has really changed in the tone of some of the posters. On the one hand it is interesting to watch grown men bicker back and forth - at times very eloquently - at times entertaining - but on the other hand it seems very petty and immature. But as you said, when you need an official ruling, important info or just good advice this is definitely a great site to visit.