Survivor - Pearl Islands

For those Survivor fans out there, the new edition kicks off September 18th with one of the Survivors being Scoutmaster Lillian Morris, 51 years old, from Loveland, Ohio, a SM for 11 years. The current TV Guide has a picture of all the Survivor castaways including Lillian in her Scout uniform. Let's all root for our fellow Scouter!

These Survivors didn't get to take a luxury item... only the clothes they were wearing. I'd want to be dressed like a Scouter... lots of layers, good boots and socks, zip off pants and of course, a hat! On the preview, I saw one man jump overboard in a shirt and tie. Many of the young women had on short sundresses and sandals with heels. LOL

I'll be watching. Hope Lillian does well.

MS

I don't care if the Scoutmaster (I saw the uniform out of the corner of my eye) and/or the Eagle Scout (don't know if it's true or not, but hope it is) win or lose. As long as they play by the rules of the Scout Oath and Law.

I do have to admit, having said that, that they have an advantage in terms of skills and conduct.

In other areas, I've heard that there must be folks at the national office just cringing. I doubt that to be the truth. They're people, too for one thing, for another, even if they cringed they will understand that the game is afoot and there isn't a darn thing that can be done about it now.

The show has been taped. It will air. I just hope she conducts herself as a Scout. I believe she will. I believe in the goodness of people until they prove otherwise.

I'll watch this one with interest even though I've never seen the other Survivor shows.

DS

I didn't until you mentioned it. But now that you have, the media being what it is, I won't be surprised if it happens.

As others have said, I don't care if either one wins. I just don't want to see anyone's political agenda being promoted, especially if it means the BSA is exploited and/or abused in some way.

Ron's comment about how the game is set up brings an interesting point. If either the SM or Eagle wins (which I doubt they will due to the nature of the show) will they be kicked out of scouting for not living by the oath and law?????

I mean everyone has to know that show's not morally straight, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, couteous, kind, cheerful (perhaps with a hidden agenda),thrifty (yeah spends millions to give away a million), Clean (nuff said), reverant (ditto to clean). Hmmm 10/12.

• 2 weeks later...

As they say the game is afoot. Interesting that the tribe turned to the scouter to make the fire. However the map skills slipped a bit. :)

Also enjoyed the tribal council comment that 11 years as SM has taught her patience. Has to have patience around children.... double meaning?

Seems that the scout uniform is holding up well so far, have to see if it continues.

Just thoughts

yis

I did read a news article that she got National's blessing to wear the uniform. Good for her.

On a sad note, Nicole got booted (the one in the blue dress). Now we will never know if that blue dress will hold up on high adventure trips :)