Looking for information about Scouts during WWII

Thanks for the information. One of the ASM's in the troop told me he checked with our council and reports there is quite a waiting list. Plus, no one else from his troop is attending. Personally, I think they should have gotten moving and got a troop price long ago, but that's just me. If I had realized how early the application needed to be in I would have started moving things along for him (he was 12 in August 2009) but I was not wise to it. He seems pleased with the idea of going to summer camp with his friends then the idea of going down to VA to check out the Jamboree. I have stressed to him that he will not be able to participate but as of right now he feels that the most important thing is to check it out and be able to say, for at least a bit "I was there for the 100 yr Jamboree". I hope it doesn't rain for any of those days so all the boys have a great time.

When would the next Jamboree take place?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Again, I want to say thank you for the advise and information I have received. I do get to NY now and then as my husband's family is up there. I tell you, my husband would use any excuse to get back into the city where he worked for many years.

I would have responded earlier but we have suffered a loss in our family; my nephew has succumbed to an injury sustained in battle and passed away on Wednesday the 28th. He was a Sgt with the 82nd.