Oldest Boy Scout Cabin Still in Use??

Our local Boy Scout troop headquarters is a cabin built by the scouts in 1935. It's very basic. Only two rooms, no plumbing and it's heated by a wood stove and fireplace. The fire place is called the American Fireplace. It's really unique. When it was built the scouts sent a letter to the governor of each state requesting a rock unique to that state to be included in the fireplace. It has one from each of the 48 states. Someone has put forth the claim that this is the oldest Boy Scout cabin built by scouts (The scouts raised the funds ($1,000) and helped with the construction.) that has been in continuous use as a BS cabin. He admittedly has no proof to back up this claim but it does beg the question. Do any of you know of a BS cabin built by scouts that has been in continuous use longer?

I know of a couple of cabins that have been used for many years, but not that long. I guess that it is still structurally sound?

That sounds like a great place to spend some cabin camping. Hope it holds up for many years to come.

BTW, where is it???

Our Explorer Unit hall is a Victorian building that was first used as a Scout hall in 1909 by 3rd Margate(Holy Trinity, one of the first Sea Scout groups. It is still used by Holy Trinity for storage of equipment, and by us; Ramillies Explorer Sea Scout Unit as our meeting hall.

My recent research of council histories has not turned up any examples of Scout-built troop cabins still in use after that long. I have a feeling that some Scout camps may have buildings on them that were built by Scout labor that are still in use. Camp Meriwether in Columbia Pacific Council would be one such suspect. In the twenties and thirties, a lot of councils hired Scouts to work in construction building their camps. I wouldn't be surprised to find some still around, but can't point to any specifically.

I've been told there is a pretty detailed history of the building. They have copies of the letters sent to the governors and their responses. They have construction records and a donation list. I guess many people donated nickles and dimes. I'm amazed that they were able to raise the money. After all, it was built during the dust bowl/depression and this area had been in a severe depression for 15 years at the time the cabin was built.