you worst pet peeves!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pet Peeve . . .  Ya ever go for a hike in the park, see the sign at the parking lot that reads "All Dogs Must Be On Leash . . .Please Clean Up After Your Dog"   and along the trail you find that

Irresponsibility and expecting others to do your job for you - whether it's people who look to govt. programs to provide things they should be providing for themselves/their families or parents who ex

Punctuality, rather the lack of it. Showing up on time for something is the easiest thing in the world. If you can't do that, I question whether you can do anything. I tell my kids regularly: "Earl

Smokers who think there is nothing wrong with exposing themselves, their children (and others) to carcinogens and throwing their lit butts on the ground, and then say "It's MY life, it's my RIGHT to smoke if I want to!"

And Government regulators who are too hog-tied by Big Tobacco to do anything about it, while health care costs go through the ceiling.

(By way of background, I lost my father at the young age of 69 to lung cancer, even though he had "quit" 20 years earlier, and am currently watching my mother in law die a slow, progressive death from emphysema and COPD...yes I'm LIVID!)

My neighbor who walks her dog in front of 3 houses to pee on everyone elses' lawn instead of on her own. Now everyone's dog is peeing on the 3 lawns! If your taking your dog for a walk....then take a walk (at least to the corner for petes sake!). Yes, i have a dog, she uses the backyard....not everyone elses' frontyard! Yes, i am PEEvd about this!

Whew! thanks for letting me vent.

Sparkie

On a slightly different note...but yet a pet peeve...

It is beyond me how I can consistently play Powerball and come up empty each time. Not just empty. but EMPTY...as in not getting one number at all, anytime, at all...never. If the numbers run 2,4,6,8...be sure that I will have 3,5,7,9...

There ought to be a prize for consistently nor getting any numbers.

Oh...yeah, there is....the loss of yet another buck...

...dear me.

I would add those who get on the highway at 50 mph and do not know that the clutch is on the left, brake in the middle and the GAS is on the right.

And those behind me in the left lane that do not make space to allow me to move over. Making me slow down to 45 to let the other yahoo on.

yis

OGE, you were...sniff...trying to hurt my feelings weren't you?

I confess to being a deadline nut. I become very frustrated if I am late. The officers don't like it much either. I drive a stick but at the risk of red feather's wrath, I usually stick to the speed limit and I follow at a safe distance. Not very tolerant of smokers either.

• 16 years later...

Thanks @qwazse !!!

Scouters who intentionally disregard accepted and codified safety practices and common  sense!  A few specific examples:

- The Scoutmaster who refused to get off the river when a thunderstorm blew in, becauseue  it was only two more miles to camp...

- The adult leaders at an Eagle Scout project or Woodwork MB class who allow Scouts to use power saws, etc....even worse, those who do it without even basic PPE like hearing or eye protection

(watch this video at about time stamp 1:30)

Pet Peeve . . . 

Ya ever go for a hike in the park, see the sign at the parking lot that reads "All Dogs Must Be On Leash . . .Please Clean Up After Your Dog"   and along the trail you find that folks have cleaned up after their dogs, picked up the poop in the little plastic bag, AND THEN LEFT THE BAG ON THE TRAIL . . . .

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, SSScout said:

Pet Peeve . . . 

Ya ever go for a hike in the park, see the sign at the parking lot that reads "All Dogs Must Be On Leash . . .Please Clean Up After Your Dog"   and along the trail you find that folks have cleaned up after their dogs, picked up the poop in the little plastic bag, AND THEN LEFT THE BAG ON THE TRAIL . . . .

I see that all the time and wonder...why??  You did 90% of the work...FINISH THE JOB!!