you worst pet peeves!

Wow this thread is old! LOL.

But I will take the time to note that few things irk me as much as the misnomer 'Webelo' used in reference to a single Scout who should, in fact, be called a 'Webelos Scout." There is no such thing as a 'Webelo!'

Drives me bonkers every time I hear it. Enough to keep it in my signature, lol. 🤪

Edited by The Latin Scot
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pet Peeve . . .  Ya ever go for a hike in the park, see the sign at the parking lot that reads "All Dogs Must Be On Leash . . .Please Clean Up After Your Dog"   and along the trail you find that

Irresponsibility and expecting others to do your job for you - whether it's people who look to govt. programs to provide things they should be providing for themselves/their families or parents who ex

Punctuality, rather the lack of it. Showing up on time for something is the easiest thing in the world. If you can't do that, I question whether you can do anything. I tell my kids regularly: "Earl

Reading 3 pages of a thread only to realize I'd commented on it 17 years ago.  Since my comment, my MIL has passed, and my wife has lost her 50 year old brother and 52 year old sister to smoking.  Tobacco kills hundreds of thousands per year, yet we shut down the country and destroy the economy over a virus.

• 4 weeks later...

"The Good Idea Fairy" (TGIF)

TGIF: "We really oughta do this idea I have!"

Me: "That's a great idea!  Get started, and let us know if you need any help or funds to make it happen!"

TGIF: "Oh, I don't really have time to do that.  I was just suggesting it for the Troop to do.  But it would be easy, and a great thing to do!"

Me: 👿

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

"The Good Idea Fairy" (TGIF)

TGIF: "We really oughta do this idea I have!"

Me: "That's a great idea!  Get started, and let us know if you need any help or funds to make it happen!"

TGIF: "Oh, I don't really have time to do that.  I was just suggesting it for the Troop to do.  But it would be easy, and a great thing to do!"

Me: 👿

@InquisitiveScouter , I'm laughing out loud.

Prospective Parent: Is ___ in your crew?

Me: Yes, ___ is our CC.

Parent: Then my kids aren't joining it!

Me: Well, would you like to be CC?

Parent: No!!!!!!

Me to Myself: (Dodged a bullet with that one.)

• Like 1