you worst pet peeves!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pet Peeve . . .  Ya ever go for a hike in the park, see the sign at the parking lot that reads "All Dogs Must Be On Leash . . .Please Clean Up After Your Dog"   and along the trail you find that

Irresponsibility and expecting others to do your job for you - whether it's people who look to govt. programs to provide things they should be providing for themselves/their families or parents who ex

Punctuality, rather the lack of it. Showing up on time for something is the easiest thing in the world. If you can't do that, I question whether you can do anything. I tell my kids regularly: "Earl

People who are late for anyting. Meetings, appoinments, work, church, school....the list goes on and on.

That's why everybody should be on Lombardi time. Be 10 minutes early for everything. If you are running late, then you're on time.

People who are late for anything. Meetings, appoinments, work, church, school....the list goes on and on.

That's why everybody should be on Lombardi time. Be 10 minutes early for everything. If you are running late, then you're on time.

Irresponsibility and expecting others to do your job for you - whether it's people who look to govt. programs to provide things they should be providing for themselves/their families or parents who expect schools, daycare, churches, etc. to raise their children for them. Selfish parents who are too busy "having a life" to bother investing in their children make me absolutely crazy!

Another one...the dishing on men that the media constantly serves up. I am so sick of men being portrayed as either mindless idiots, cruel abusers, or disgusting pigs in ads, TV, movies, etc. If the media portrayed women with the same viciousness as they do men, the feminists would have a fit! As a mother of two wonderful sons and wife of 23 years to a man full of integrity and intelligence it just drives me nuts.

Climbing off of soap box....

Charity

• Thanks 1

Boys saying "I can't..." My son in particular. Doesn't try just immediately says 'I can't".

I'll also have to agree with Christy?(sorry if I got the name incorrect)man bashing. If you subscribe to the media's idea that all men are pedophiles and perverts. Why else would a man want to spend his free time in the woods with boys age 11-18 unless he was some type of pervert. Number one reason why the YPT guidelines are what they are today. I remember plenty of SMC with that were done privately in the 70's. Spending time 1:1 with the SM bringing up the rear during a hike just he and I discusisng things in general. We had some of our best conversations then.

My pet peeve is people who don't take responsibility for their actions. They have a million reasons why something happened, but they never point a finger at themselves. "It's not my fault" syndrome. This also applies, in particular, to parents who enable/encourage their child to not accept personal responsibility. It's always the teacher's fault, or the leader's fault, or the other kids' fault, or the school's fault why little Johnny failed at something. This really drives me nuts!

MS

MaineScouter,

So...I'm guessing, you're not a democrat? Sorry - I could not resist! ;-)

I'm with justme. I'm usually a substance over style kind of guy, but there's a lot to be said for presentation. That being said, I don't always make my thoughts palatable for everyone either - But, I like to think that I try (at least on occasion).

This may be a bigger peeve for me than the previous It irritates me to no end when someone abuses a position of power, like a bureaucrat whos brings his problems from home to work. Everyone deserves to be heard. And democratic principles should be applied whenever possible. Case in point, I dont like committee chairs that consult parents and/or other members of the committee as if it were an after thought or a formality.

Close behind this one - parents who lecture volunteers as if theyve earned the right to criticize by sitting on their b*tts while others do all the work. In light of my previous peeve, this one seems somewhat ironic. However, I believe you can be a non-volunteer and seek to have an input I just think it needs to be done tactfully. Conversely, I think one can hold a position of power (volunteer or not) without lording it over others.

There's only one think I like less than waiting for someone who's late ... Making someone wait for me.

I dislike people that put my family at risk on the roadways by their overly aggressive or inattentive driving.

I don't care for liver or brussel sprouts.

I wish stores would sell stuff for $5.00 instead of $4.99

Paul

Ignorant, Obstreperous, Fractious and Surly Scouters who live in the past, who seemingly have no concept of todays program and idiotically make the same moronical arguments over and over and measure their success by the number of Eagles they produce rather than the number of lives they have touched.