And a little piece of my scouting history

Yesterday I received a box with a bunch of cards and letters and such I had sent my parents over the years. One of the letters I had written while attending Troop Leader Development training. My oldest brother and sister must not have been living at home at the time because they weren't addressed in the opening.

The letter is enclosed in a Camp Omache envelope with a totem pole print on the left side with the camp's address in Snohomish, WA and was postmarked July 5, 1973.

The letter follows. All spelling and punctuation errors are from the original. I got a kick out of it, especially the last sentence.

SWScouter

3rd

Dear Mom, Dad, CHris, Katie, Robert, and Steven

I hope you all have had fun these passed few days while I've been gone. It's been pretty fun up here. Today I'm the patrol leader of this patrol which consists of Bob Fordham, Jim Conway, Pat Limb, Andrew Dunn, and my Assistant Chris Spens. Today we layed penutbutter ona stump and I took a few pictures of a squirrel. Yesterday I was Assistant Patrol leader and had a lot of fun. I bought a camp Omache tea shirt. While our patrol was program patrol yesterday I was a color gaurd and we raised and lowered the queen Ann Flag and today we raised the Grand Union Flag. Tomorow are troop or the next program patrol I should say will raise old Glory for the fourth of July. I hope you have a good fourth of July cause I think I will. Oh I was wandering if you could send me a buck or so if you think this arrives early enough, thanks

Love,

Russell