Returning to Scouting

Hello, everyone! Two of my three boys are starting in Cub Scouting this year (one Wolf, one Tiger); my other is three but wants to join anyway. I volunteered to be the Tiger den leader, only vaguely remembering from my own Cub Scout days what I was getting myself into. It'll be fun! And the Internet sure makes more resources available to leaders than way back when.(This message has been edited by jethro)

(original post cut off)

By way of background, I grew up in Pack and Troop 595 in Hawk Mountain Council, PA. My father died when I was 13, and Scouts played a huge role in shaping who I am. I loved Scouting; I made Eagle in 1985 and traveled to Philmont the following year, just before my 18th birthday. It was the last Scouting activity I participated in until now. For some reason

...the graduating Eagles from my troop, even those who still lived in town, never stayed involved past 18. I didn't even realize it was an option.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be back in Scouting. Thanks for the "virtual campfire" where we can kick back and discuss ideas.

[by the way, how do you keep posts from being cut off?]

WELCOME, Jethro!!!!

The posts are probably cut off either by bandwidth issues or security software. At least, that's what I've been told. It happens to me once in a while and if it happens, I can trust it to happen several times to the same post. I've learned to copy my posts before sending them, then use the edit button to fix any partial diveries.

Good Luck!!

jd(This message has been edited by johndaigler)

Willkommen! I'm Eri, SS, Erica, or 'Hey You.'

I'm glad to know a few Eagles that stuck around to help if they could, but with them being in college and studies mounting, I see less and less of them at Boy Scout events. Though they flock back when a new Eagle joins the ranks, and some even come back when an Eagle earns a Palm or two. :)