Hi All

Hope you don't mind something a little different. I really enjoy some of the log on user names we see on this forum. I was wondering what some of them mean. Mine is pretty obvious, but this is from my license plate I had made after my favorite oldest son got eagle. I hope to change it to 2eagledad soon. Some seem more obvious than others, I would enjoy hearing everyones story.

Barry

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the advancement coordinator for our troop. I really started checking out the forums when I was trying to get our advancements stuff back in order, thus the username. Since then I have really changed my scouting role (district commissioner, more involvement at the district and council levels) but still do the advancement for our troop.

Mine, too, is fiarly simple. My last name is Hopper therefor I have been nicknamed hops or something similar. The scout part, too, is very simple. I am a Scout. This is my user name pretty much all over the web, except for my email and my website URL.

My brother is John.

At home we call him Sean. The Irish for John.

I was to be Ian.

But someone said Ian was the Scottish for John.

So I got Eamonn, the Irish for Edwin or Edward, also the first president of Eire.

Mine comes inspired by author Don Coldsmith and his stories about Native Americans. I took that inspiration and turned it into stories I told around campfires and still do when I go.

Some years back I started giving out redfeathers that could be attached to the pockets of scouts and scouters in recognition of things that happened on overnights for actions that showed a lack of brain functions. Silly stuff like walking on a iced pond, setting ones shoes on fire, sitting on buckets that would not come apart afterwords, classic one was "put that fire out" (flaming branch) and the scout put it out by thowing it into the woods, etc etc etc. Best scouter one is the one that put hot dutch oven on his chair (looking for a dry place to put it) and watched it melt though.

I wish I had kept a record of all that have been passed out and why, would be quite interesting reading.

yis

Mine is pretty simple. KWC are my initials and 57 is my birth year.

Might I add, I got to meet (Barry) Eagledad this week when I took my Webelos 2 son to visit his troop. I even got to see the car with the eagledad tag on it. :) Barry and his fellow scouters have a great boy led troop. His troop is too far away for us to consider joining, but I wanted my son to see what the "real deal" looked like to help him know the difference between a good program and a not so good program. Thanks for the hospitality Barry!

A place I once lived on and near...the sea. Having some years ago taken the path to 'landlubber' I miss it dearly and will one day, I hope, dwell there again.

Never would have thought of the name myself. Came upon it in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. The character was a giant (I am not) whose kind were seafaring but had wandered far from home and lost their way back. That much, the latter part, we have in common...sorta...