NorthEast Region Area 5 Insomniacs Revenge

Just back from the Area 5 Insomniacs Revenge and Cardboard Boat Regatta. The program started at 10pm FRiday night and ran through to the Area 5 VOA elections SAturday evening. I got to tell you, it was great, about 100 youth attended. NEPA is a great Council for Venturing, their Council President was in attendance, as he is for most events I attend and he is a great guy. NEPA puts on a great program. I am duplicating this post in the open program Section inder whats in a name as well.

The Regatta was great, 6 boats competed in the Race as well as the Design and Theme categories. Best Design was Crew 007, Bond Jane Bond

(All female Crew), Best theme Crew 241 Tie Dye and the fastest boat? Crew 241 as well, proving even if you are a hippie, you can be competitive,

By the way, Crew 512 was the only boat qualifying for the Titantic Award, and they did with grace and aplomb The singing of Nearer to Go to Thee was a great touch

This was the 7th Occasional Cardboat Boat Regatta, it may come back next year, it may not, depends on the youth planning the program. Over all, it was a great event

A Cardboard boat that will float with at least 4 people in it requires much more than a day to make. Thats the real intent of the regatta, they have to come together, plan, make, decorate and transport, the race is a mere trifle. Two crews this year put "if you can read this, please flip us over" on the bottoms