What is "High adventure skill training for Venturers"

I'm thinking more along the lines of a 64 mile trip in the Canadian wilderness where you need to prep trips to master your canoeing skills, i.e. stokes, rescues, stowing gear, etc. Our "consultants" were leaders who had experience doing this type of long distance canoeing and wilderness camping. And they made darn sure we knew the canoeing and then some. Once in Canada, we had a local troop act as guides, they gave us some additional advice for that particular stretch of wilderness.

"A consultant for a Backpacking trip??????? I musta missed something."

If one doesn't know anything about backpacking or mountain climbing or SCUBA diving or whitewater rafting, then a consultant is needed. A proper Powderhorn course tells you where you can find competent experts to help you do the event.

The problem is F Scouter that I know several crews where they invite a consultant to give a 30min talk and then think they are ready to go rapelling or caving or whitewatering without any further instruction. If you have a consultant on these trips that is one thing, but any leader adult or youth who think after one short class they are ready to take on one of these trips without a trained consultant along is sadly mistaken and a danger to themselves and the crew.