Venturing leader award

Coming from a council that has never given out the Venturing Leader Award, I am wondering if it is possible to give out 3 awards, one of which is a deserving youth. I know that any council can give out 2 youth and 2 adult VLA's, but does that mean you have to have 2 youth, before you can give out the 2nd adult recognition?

Usually the Venturing Leader of the Year Award is given annually by the district key 3 based on nominations sent in by other district volunteers and presented during the districts annual dinner each year, I got one last year. Now there are other venturing leader awards for training, etc. So I guess it is hard to answer you without knowing specifically what kind of award you mean.

He is speaking of the Council Venturing Leadership Award.

The number of awards available is based on the number of units in your council. You get two equal 'pools' of awards, one for youth and one for adults. You may give as many of those awards you want. There is no requirements that you must give out an equal number, nor give out atleast one youth before giving out an adult, or give out a ratio of the two (so many youth per # of adults or the like).

Also, unused awards can go to the other pool, nor be used the next year.

If you can only give out up to 2 youth and 2 adult, you can give the following:

1 youth, 0 adults

1 youth, 1 adult

0 youth, 1 adult

2 youth, 0 adults

2 youth, 1 adult

2 youth, 2 adults

1 youth, 2 adults

0 youth, 2 adults

clear?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, sorry, I forgot to check back. I have since come to realize that this council award is not limited in any way, as to how it is given out, in relation to adults and youth. It can be given only to adults or youth, depending on the number of qualified candidates. In our case, we have 1 youth and 2 adults, who are being considered for it, which is fine. I just was not sure of that when I originally posted the question.

"I have since come to realize that this council award is not limited in any way, as to how it is given out, in relation to adults and youth."

It IS limited. It's limited based on the number of crews you have in your council. See the form for that ratio.