It can be adults in the crew. I don't think the idea of other crew members (youth) would be acceptable.

We don't have merit badge counselors in Venturing. What we do have are 'counsultants'. They are, in fact, registered the same as MBC. Counsultants are outside experts in a certain area. So if you crew was interested in climbing, you might engage a local climbing instructor and he'd be the consults. Same for something like SCUBA or the like. So the consultant for a particular area could sign off on requirements.

"Have not seen any online forms for "consultants" but I will dig some more."

There are none.

If you read the Venturing advancement program, we speak of consultants all the time. We don't expect the advisors of the crews to be SME (subject matter experts) on all the things the youth want to do, hence the need to engage outside experts to help out. These are your consultants. They are registered with the BSA as 'merit badge counselors' (ie, a no-cost registration).

So consultants may be a one-time thing, or someone in the area that is a known resource for all Venturing (say

Okay shovel is down. I am surprised the Boy Scout MB Counselor form says nothing about this.

Not to be dense, but if one is a First Aid MB counselor is one also accepted as a Venture First Aid consultant or does one submit another MB counselor form marked Venture First Aid consultant?

Thanks for your responses.

"I am surprised the Boy Scout MB Counselor form says nothing about this."

Why? The form was created for MBC. No one ever bothered to update it for Venturing.

"Not to be dense, but if one is a First Aid MB counselor is one also accepted as a Venture First Aid consultant or does one submit another MB counselor form marked Venture First Aid consultant?"

Ok, first off let's deal with terminology. "Venture" is a Boy Scout program that has nothing to do with us in Venturing. Please don't use "Venture" when you mean "Venturing". The terms aren't interchangable. Back to your question.

AFAIK, I wouldn't assume that one is a 1stAid MB counselor that the person is also a 1stAid consultant for Venturing. The person signed up for 1A MBC may only be interested in being that, and may not know about Venturing or care to be it. Typically, for Venturing we are looking for the next level of 1stAid (Wilderness First Aid, etc).

Now, if someone is already on record as being a MBC and now also wants to be a Venturing Consultant, I don't see the need to do another form, unless your council wants to keep records on who is signed up for Venturing consultants. The forms is mainly to get them into the BSA registration system. A council's list of MBC is usually separate. So your list of Venturing consults (and what they do) is going to likewise be separate.