Yes this forum is very helpful. Y'all as a whole give me the courage to stand firm with my convictions and stick to BSA policy. It's nice to have old timers tell you their opinion (especially when it agrees with yours).

The suggestion about the patrol outing is very helpful. I never thought of that as being an alternative. Is it really ok for the Patrol to go with only one or no adult? Are there any restictions such as no canoe trips(safety afloat)?

Thank you all so much for giving me a place to vent. How much is the fee here anyway?

Actually either 2 adults go on the outing, or the patrol goes alone, no outing can take place with only one adult.

The fee? yeah, well you must have missed the email, yeah thats the ticket, you should have gotten an email telling you I am the, the, the Treasurer of this site, yeah yeah, thats right, now all you have to do is send me 100 dollars in small bills, yeah yeah thats right, thats the ticket or you can send me a check made to my, my, wife, yeah Morgan Fairchild...

Yes scoutmom, there are restrictions on Patrol activities. Water activities for instance require adults to be present due to the safety regulations of Safe Swim defense and Safety Afloat. The best source of answers to these kind iof questions is in the resources of the BSA, Adult Leader Training, The Scoutmaster Handbook, The Boyscout Handbook, Youth Protection Training, Guide to Safe Scouting.

No amount of posting will give you as completre an understanding as reading the scouting manulas and taking the applicable training for the program you are involved in.

Hope this helps,

Bob White