Girl Scout Gold Awards in Venturing Crew

In another thread BobWhite posts about three of his sailors about to earn Eagle and two their Girl Scout Gold Awards. I know that male Venturing Scouts do not have to be dual registered with a Troop in order to continue working on Eagle. Do Girl Scouts have to be dual registered? If not, how does it work for them continuing on their way toward the Gold Award by only being in a Venturing Crew? What do they do in the Crew that supports the requirements for their award? Just curious.

Seems to me that the GSUSA would not award its highest award to someone who was not a registered member of their organization. So yes, my guess is that the girls need to be dual-registered and meet all the other requirements of the GSUSA.

"Do Girl Scouts have to be dual registered?"

The BSA and GSUSA are separate organizations, thus for a girl to earn the Girl Scout Gold Award, she will need to be registered as a girl scout.

The Boy Scout Program and the Venturing Program are just separate programs within the BSA. This part of how boys who are only registered in a Venturing Crew can earn Eagle (and still be in the OA, etc). They are STILL registered in the BSA.

Also, since Explorers are NOT registered in the BSA, if one is ONLY an Explorer, you can't earn eagle or be in the OA.

Yes, the girl would have to be registered in Girl Scouts, But since we are a coed unit, and we provide a special ceremony for our male sailors who earn Eagle (all have done so registered soley as Sea Scouts), the Quarterdeck has decided that we will hold an identical ceremony for our female sailors that earn the Girl Scout equivalent of the Gold Award.