Favorite pre-expedition movie?

Along the lines of "Your favorite comedy movie", which movies would you recommend before departing on an expedition?

The night before catching a VERY early airplane to Minneapolis for Boundary Waters canoe trip, we watched "Jeremiah Johnson". The boys groaned at the beginning, but were quoting from the movie throughout the trip.

(Considered "Deliverance" - but only for a nanosecond...)

Not sure if I'd use it or not, but what was the name of the movie that was based on columnist Mike Royko and starred John Belushi. He was a columnist who had gotten crosswise with the mob and his editor sent him to the Continental Divide for several months.

Very funny -- especially if you're about to go on a trek.

DS

One NOT to use: Ghost and the Darkness. Features lions boldly going into a work camp and dragging out human prey at night.

Another leader told me they foolishly put this one on in the van DVD player on their way to Buffalo Trails in West Texas - and couldn't calm their younger scouts down to sleep for three days....

Mike F -

I had to laugh. We were on a houseboat trip last week with our scouts and showed "Deliverence".

Also good for rafting is "The River Wild" with Meryl Streep and Kevin Bacon; and "Whitewater Sunmer" with Sean Astin and Kevin Bacon.