Can 2 organizations serve as the CO of a unit?

As anyone ever been with a unit hat has done this?

If you have read my other posts about the Sea Scout Ship I am trying to start, I have been looking for a CO for a Sea Scout Ship.

A Yacht/Sailing Club has come forward and an American Legion also.

The Yacht Club is only open about 6 months a year and we would need to find a place to meet during the winter months (I'm thinking the American Legion).

The American Legion Post has a good deal of Scouters as members but is not located near water (not a concern in winter)

The other thing is that they are in different districts.

I may just ask the Post if it would be possible if the ship could just meet there during the winter.

Any thoughts?

A charter is a contract between the CO and the BSA. I don't know if a third party can enter into that contract, especially if they are in different districts. As I said before, you need to have your DE(s) involved.

Ah a topic near and dear to my heart!

After being told by a GAZILLION scouters and several folks at counci that it could not be done,(well I might be exaggerating a bit it could have just been a BAZILLION) OGE jumped in with section and verse...it is only in publications the SE or Council registrar have regular access to.

BUT only on vote at council, an agreement on who will sign documents...again only one party...it is a dicy road to walk...but it is possible...

trying to get two "sharing" organizations to determine who gets to do the admin stuff can be a deal breaker...the "sponsor" idea can work but sometimes councils get "catty" about fund (cash) contributions to units....and asking sponsor "A" to cut a check to the CO (which is the "owner" of you bank account usually since most units are not (501)c-3's on their own)can cause some heart burn...BUT IT CAN BE DONE!

ANARCHIST