Presenting VLSC

TS - It works great. I have seen it done with quality. Now it has to be quality or it will go over like a lead baloon. The "4 hour verson" as some folks call was done by a Crew from the Masters Commision, they specialized in conducting youth leadership training.

I'm all for the weekend format as OGE and others suggest, our council VOA is planning a weekend long VLCS in the spring and my crew will be there in full force with some of my youth doing the training.

As for Baloo training, I've never done it, but isn't that a Cub Scout leader outdoor training? How can you compare youth leadership training with a Cub Scout Leader outdoor training?

These are my opinions, and I respect other's opinions, this is not ment to be flames, as I took TS's baloo post.

rfwlcdr asked for thoughts on VLSC and I gave him mine.

OGE - The Friday night VLSC that I've seen hasn't cut any corners. As a matter of fact the one nighters if I may call that last's a little longer then 4 hours. Kids get the information, have fun, and learn something.

(This message has been edited by purcelce)

Don't be fooled people. 9 hours of training material cannot be presented in 4 hours. What you get may very well be top quality, but what about the quality of the 5 hours that got skipped?

As district training chair I've learned that some of the trainers that are really expert in the subject matter are also the ones that skip over the parts of the training syllabus they don't like or don't agree with.

Another angle is that a trainer that takes a 20 minute segment and finishes in 10 minutes really doesn't have knowledge and presentation skills to do the job right.