Youth Officer Responsibilities

I am an advisor for a less than one year old crew - While some members have a handbook, I would like to to email/ snail mail to my crew the youth officers (Pres, Admin VP. Program VP, Tres & Sec) job descriptions as we have elections soon- does anybody have a link to where they might be online?

Please respond ! Thanks!

BTW- Our crew is 10 months old- we have camped & trail biked twice, two service projects, geo-cached twice, canoed twice, indoor climbing once, two socials and two fundraisers! We have 14 youth and 7 adult leaders....

Provide a solid program, give the kids the tools and the program works!

Lex,

http://www.crew868.org/files/officerposts.pdf#search='venturing%20officer%20job%20descriptions'

Found a link above with Officer Job descriptions.

My crew is will be a year old in Oct. We started out with 15 or so and now have almost 40 youth.

We will be having elections in Aug. Amen to your program quote.

Crew 805 has been camping, rock climbing, and quite a few other things.

Check out http://groups.msn.com/BSACrew805 for more info.

YIS

Cary P

Crew 805 Advisor

Your crew should have several copies of the Venturing Leader Manual. This will answer a lot of your questions. Also, you should run the entire crew thru the New Crew Orientation video AND the new officers thru the Crew Leader Orientation (see the VLM for this syllabus).

Be sure also that you and the rest of your adult leaders have gone thru training also (New Leader Essentials, Venturing Leader Specific Training).

And try to get your crew (ALL your crew) thru Venturing Leadership Skills Course. If you council/district does this, do it thru them, otherwise do it within the crew or in partnership with another crew.