Advancements and other things

There is no timeframe in the handbook, so how long, based on your personal experiences, does it take to earn the Bronze, Silver, Gold, Quest, and Ranger award? Can you work on multiple awards at the same time?

Also: Can you wear your Star and Life patches on your Venturing uniform?

Well, I never earned the Quest because I aged out a year before it was released, I earned the outdoor bronze in 8 months, and finished the Silver, Ranger, and Silver Hornaday within three years. On average, for each bronze 6 months - 1 year. Quest & Ranger at least 2 years.

Yes, you can wear the rank patches (First Class to Eagle) on your Kelly Green Venturing Uniform.

• 2 weeks later...

OK now I have a question. I've heard that when a Venture turns 18 he should change his Eagle Patch to an Eagle Square Knot. Is that correct? It makes sense to me, but before I go running around with false information I thought I'd ask.

Also I was approached recently (I'm on the Council Venture Committee) by a new Venture Leader. He said that he has heard that Ventures can no longer earn Eagle. This is not correct, right? I'm under the understanding that as long as a Scout earns First Class before he leaves the troop he can work on anything he needs up to Eagle before his 18th birthday. Right?

Good Luck in getting that award, but please remember the trip is almost as important as the destination.

Venturers are considered youth until they turn 21yo while a registered member in the Venturing Program. They may wear their Eagle Patch on their Kelly Green Uniform even after they turn 19yo.

I do believe that it states that in the Venturing Leaders Manual. I would have to get back to you on the exact page # at a later time. Maybe the other Venturing Leaders on site may help with the reference.

It took me 3 1/2 years to finish everything. (With a broken ankle in the middle. :p)

Didn't have quest when I finished. :( Now I'm aged out.

As for the uniform. I was under the impression after 18 it needs to be a knot patch. No matter what uniform.