Ceremonies for awards???

My daughter, Brandi,who happens to be the Crew President is getting ready for her Crew Review for her Gold Award. (She got her Bronze last month but we haven't given it to her yet.) Some of the committee members of the Crew would like for her to be awarded it at the Blue and Gold Banquet. Last year it was our first activity as a Crew.This years banquet is going to be a combination of Pack, Troop and Crew. And our District Exec. and various other dignitaries will be there.Which is fine with Brandi since she has been active in Committee meetings and worked with both the Cubs and Troop and the District Exec. over the past year.

Our problem is that we found one ceremony for Gold award and she is a little uncomfortable with it since the building we will be using doesn't allow candles and this ceremony uses candles.And we don't have a lot of members.

We are a relativly new Crew so Brandi is our First Gold Award. Can anyone help her with some ideas or who she can get some ideas from?? We live a long ways from other Crews and our Council office. She has worked really hard to get this award and I would like it to be special. Any input would be greatly appreciated. We have about a month to get this all planned out.

>We would like to thank any one with any ideas!

Lana(This message has been edited by BurnsCrew440Advisor)

I feel your pain, you can find plenty of Cub Ceremonies and Boy Scout Ceremonies as they have been around awhile. Venture Crews are a relative newcommer as you know so little tradition has been built up, so you get to make your own. I have always been a sucker for the recitation of Pop songs, after all pop songs is the current day poetry of the masses. Green Day's "Good Riddance" (Time of your Life) will strike a cord and Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" can bring a tear to your eye as well. I have some ideas for Venturing Ceremonies in a resource book I developed for part of my Wood Badge Ticket. PM me with your Email address and I will send it to you, the PM systems dont allow for file attachents.