• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get into McMIllian Campground, make sure you get signed up on time. I have to warn you its not easy getting into it. The weekend we went down they had a headcount of over 1500 attempt to get into the lottery for 300 spaces.

York Adams has two Camp's in the Area. Tuckahoe being the nicest. They have buildings that will acominadte 8 to 40 people and have built in dividers to separate area's for male and female. Tuckahoe is about 30 min away from battlefield

• 2 weeks later...

We've secured a 15 passenger van for this trip. Bought the Gettysburg and Gods and Generals DVD for the trip out there.

How about a menu of Civil War songs for the campfire, oh that's good Pounder. "Mine eyes have seen the Glory of the coming of the Lord..."

Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Trail Pounder;

If your planning on March 30th 2005, I got great news for you! We have a Venturing Crew out of Baltimore Area Council and we go to Gettysburg all the time. One great suggestion is that you Camp at Harpers Ferry West Virginia or Antietem Battllefield. Both ony 30-40 minutes from Gettysburg and you will get the entire battle history. You bought Gods and Generals, watch it closely, there are scenes shot on location at Harpers Ferry in it. We would love to meet you there and show you around the Civil War area. We know it well.

ASM1

PS. I was a Scout in the Chicago Area Council as a boy. Would love top meet someone from home.

ASM1,

We're coming with a nice sized group. We're most likely going to camp at Artillery Ridge right next to the park. We're planning on squeezing in as many things as possible and I'm really looking forward to another guided tour.

P

Trail Pounder,

I talked this over with our crew president and he is putting it up to the crew this week. He was thrilled about it and most likely the rest of the crew will be too. He wanted me to ask you a couple question though. He wants to know your exact dates and the length of your stay. Also he wants to know if only one crew is coming or several, and from what regions of the United States? Our Treasurer is an RAF Cadet from England and she is a Civil War Addict! She will probably want to camp at Harper's Ferry and travel up to Gettysburg to meet and tour with your group.When ever the topic Harper's Ferry comes up the crew starts loading the van with their gear, rafts and kiyaks. We will be in Gettysburg for the weekend of December 4th of this year as well. If you need any on location information don't hestitate to ask. And I hope we can get together while you are here. And I certainly hope by wanting to meet another crew from somewhere else, we are not stepping on your plans in any way. I know our crew just likes to meet other Venturers.

ASM1

ASM1,

We'll be rolling in on March 30th, probably camping at Artillery Ridge. Tentatively, we're going to do everything on the York-Adams Council site and as much more as we can pile on. We'll be leaving earliest on Sunday the 3rd.

We're a Sea Scout Ship, so this is a Land Cruise for us. Everybody's excited about going. Just met two other Sea Scout Ships nearby, I will ask them about going with us also. We just found a venue leading to all the SCUBA certs. Brand new Sea Scout Ship, the S.S.S. Scuba Dog!!! 18 new Sea Scouts and the Skipper is a Master Diver instructor.

Campfire Saturday night. OGE's crew is MCing We're going to bring some Sea Shanty's.