• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the camp is near/close to harrisburg PA. THe Camp is called Camp Tuckahoe. I found the home page of the camp and i'll post what they say about Gettysburg.

"The camp's four older cabins have been completely remodeled to create comfortable accommodations for groups looking for a warm place to stay during the cold weather months or for units visiting the Gettysburg area (about 35 minutes to the south of Tuckahoe)"

http://www.yaac-bsa.org/tuckahoe/index.htm

As you can see it is a far distance away. I know when we went down with the cub scouts in 01 we stayed at a girl scout camp that was as far away. It was inconvient for us. Camp i suggested is right outsaide of Gettysburg, 5 bucks a person per night /w showers, 5 minture drive and you just park in the visitors parking lot when you do the hikes.

We went to Gettysburg this past April and stayed at Camp Tuckahoe. Fantastic Camp, great buildings. Only 30-40 min drive from Battlefield.

We choose buildings over campground for 2 reasons. Comfort was big issue, if you follow the program its a long 2 days to finish it. The buildings made it nice becuse in spring weather can be rainy and cold. This was not designed as a camping trip, but as an educational outing with scouts and leader

• 2 weeks later...